Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a white one today with "Tesla Inside" logo on the back. We were both charging in the parking lot of Stonestown Mall in San Francisco. It's always exciting to see a fellow Rav4EV on the road. It's even better to be charging together side by side. I've been noticing more Rav4EV's on the road, which makes sense because every month a consistent number of them are sold. I hope most of the Rav4EV's stay on the road even after the leases are up.

Saw a silver one on the NB 405 in the San Fernando Valley just north of the 101 last week. Unfortunately, he had no HOV stickers, so I zoomed past him in the carpool lane. Hope you get yours soon! ;)

My wife saw a Pearl White one exactly like mine on Capital Hill (Seattle) last Tuesday. Couldn't see the driver, but saw the license plate didn't say "TOYESLA" so she knew it wasn't me.

Saw a Blue One at Lewis & Ventura in Camarillo with its carpool stickers on Saturday, 8/2. Two weeks before saw a white one at the corner of Mission Oaks turning onto Adolfo also in Camarillo. They seemed to stop half way into the turn. Maybe realizing they were seeing a blue one straight ahead.. :shock:

They're everywhere!

Had mine for 2+ months - almost 2,300 miles. No complaints. 2808 for those keeping track.

not in oakland, but i saw a blue one that i drove next to on highway 580/238 in Hayward on Saturday afternoon. it was identical to mine, but newer plates. I've seen enough of them in the last couple fo weeks that its almost become a non-event. I'm guessing 4 or 5 (although all the others were Blizzard Pearl).

and for extra credit, here's a little video of mine ... and a bear!

Saw a shoreline blue on June 21 as I was walking to the Honda dealer to check out a Fit EV. That car was leased by the time I arrived, which was fortuitous. After I saw the Rav in real life, I realized I should just get one of those! I've seen another Silver Rav4 in Berkeley, also.

And, I saw this guy in Berkeley on Sunday:

14651887297_43f585becd_z.jpg

n3ckf said:
not in oakland, but i saw a blue one that i drove next to on highway 580/238 in Hayward on Saturday afternoon. it was identical to mine, but newer plates. I've seen enough of them in the last couple fo weeks that its almost become a non-event. I'm guessing 4 or 5 (although all the others were Blizzard Pearl).

and for extra credit, here's a little video of mine ... and a bear!

It was probably my wife on 580/238 on Saturday. I think she drove through there 4 times during the day.

On July 24th, either around 10 am or noon, I saw one park near the Campbell Heritage Theatrer, w/the driver plugging into the Chargepoint station there. Maybe I should've said hi to him.

I have no Rav4 EV but I was in my Leaf.

Saw another white one today at 5:30 pm along Spring St in Moorpark. Followed him until he turned right on Tierra Rejada. I wasn't driving our 4 so it wasn't elephant style.
Nice to see them out and about in the wilds of Ventura County.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure why a guy in Shoreline, WA isn't driving a blue one. It would have been so cosmic. :roll:

Saw a white one last week parked at a gymnastics studio in Playa Vista off Beatrice street late in the day. I picked up my classic silver that following weekend.

Saw a blue one come across in front of me going to the car pool lane this afternoon up on the westbound 118. He got off at Tapo Canyon in Simi. (Those car pool lane stickers didn't help much today.).

The guy in Shoreline, WA didn't get one before the TFS door for outta state leases slammed shut, so he had to wait till I had an early lease return/trade in... and that car just happened to be pearl white. But, with just 5K miles... so it made sense. :)

I know, tho - that's funny.

<<<Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure why a guy in Shoreline, WA isn't driving a blue one. It would have been so cosmic. :roll:[/quote]>>>

I would have bought a Shoreline Blue one if that's what you had, Dianne! But I love my Pearl White, and am SO happy you had one for me right when I needed to turn in my 2011 LEAF. The 2 EV's overlapped and fought for driveway and charger time at home, but only for a short time.

Thanks again, Dianne!

Back