Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a pristine white one turning north onto Spring street at High St. In Moorpark today at 4:45 pm. I don't think I've seen the same one twice yet. Ventura county seems to have its fair share.

Solana Beach train statio:

photo-1.jpg

Pulled up beside a Blizzard Pearl this morning on the northbound 101 in Sherman Oaks with Carson Toyota plates.

I've been wanting (lusting for, really) a RAV4 EV ever since test driving one at a green car expo back in October 2012. Ended up getting the Fit EV instead, and had been driving it daily for last year. Since then I'd only seen 2 or 3 RAV4 EV's out in the wild on my daily commute and weekend trips. I finally leased my very own Pearl White 2014 RAV4 EV last week, and today I saw TWO other Pearl White's on my commute from Richmond to Fairfield. One passed me flying by in the fast lane going up the big incline on eastbound interstate 80 right past Vallejo. I was all the way over in the slow lane going about 60 mph. Then the second one I saw this morning was coming from the opposite direction on Green Valley Rd as I was exiting the highway to my office. First one had carpool stickers, second one did not. Looks like they're becoming popular here in this area now.

DevinL said:
I found myself! :lol:

That's funny - how in the world did you come across that? It's also funny there appears to be a Tesla and a Volt in the pics as well. Quite a few commuting EV's in your area.

dwvanguard said:
DevinL said:

That's funny - how in the world did you come across that? It's also funny there appears to be a Tesla and a Volt in the pics as well. Quite a few commuting EV's in your area.
You really can't miss the Street View cars when they're out collecting imagery. It's just a question of how much time passes before the new imagery is available online. Google shows the month and year at the bottom of the screen when you're in Street View.

miimura said:
dwvanguard said:
DevinL said:

You really can't miss the Street View cars when they're out collecting imagery. It's just a question of how much time passes before the new imagery is available online. Google shows the month and year at the bottom of the screen when you're in Street View.
Yep! I actually saw the street view car from a ways back so made a point to get to it and tuck in behind it for fun. This was in the end of May I believe and the last time I checked (about a month ago) they hadn't been uploaded. So it clearly takes about 2-3 months from capture to publishing with street view.

And yes, plug-ins are a dime a dozen around here. Went to Starbucks up the road this morning and saw a Model S with livery plates in the parking lot and a grey LEAF drove by me when I pulled in to my driveway.

Spotted a Blue RAV4 EV with dealer plates, in Temecula, east bound Rancho California Rd at Margarita Rd, Today at 5:10 PM.

miimura said:
dwvanguard said:
DevinL said:

That reminds me to check on the last time I saw a Google Street View vehicle... was near where I live... let's see....

Yep, there I am – white RAV4 EV:

image-e1409237735625.jpg

Caught a Blizzard Pearl parked on a driveway up in the hills in Studio City this morning.

Had my silver at the nearest dealer to get the first 5000 miles service
DCH Oxnard dealer

Spotted this rav4ev from out of state

IMG_20140909_170652.jpg

Side by side driving east on Las Posas and Upland Rd. In Camarillo. Always nice to see another in the fleet. I had to pass him to get him to realize it was a relative from Ontario. It's always jarring to see another about town in an unexpected location.

Outlier said:
Side by side driving east on Las Posas and Upland Rd. In Camarillo. Always nice to see another in the fleet. I had to pass him to get him to realize it was a relative from Ontario. It's always jarring to see another about town in an unexpected location.

That was me with the bee rav4ev picking up a bee swarm I had worked on earlier that day.
Got a picture of you waiting for Lewis ;-)

IMG_20140914_171223.jpg

That was me with the bee rav4ev picking up a bee swarm I had worked on earlier that day.
Got a picture of you waiting for Lewis ;-)

IMG_20140914_171223.jpg
[/quote]

Nice picture! Another beautiful day in Camarillo. 2808 says "Hi".

A record for us today, we saw four within a one block radius on Culver in Irvine! Two white ones, one blue, and one silver. Add in our silver one, that makes five!

Spotted a white RavEV the other day parking in Glen Park area of San Francisco. I was visiting a friend there, and as a new owner in Colorado, I couldn't help but gawk :)

Back