$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leviton, Clipper Creek, Schneider are all good. For portable consider a Jesla.
Generally I recommend at least 30 amps unless you are trying to work with a low power circuit such as a 30 amp dryer outlet.

allelectric said:
Questions about the charger. What kind ? Any alternatives to Levitron? They said don,t charge to extended range? Any feed back. Thanks guys.

Congrats on your new car. I hope it provides you with at least 36 months of joy!!!

Many Rav4 EV owners have purchased the JESLAtm 40 amp portable charging cable. It can be used both as an everyday charging station for your car, or you can very easily take it with you and charge at other places with an electric outlet.

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/JESLA-is-THE-40-amp-J1772-portable-charging-solution-JESLA.htm

IMG_2147.jpg

JELSA ships with a NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 5-15. Additionally, you may want to buy the correct plug for your dryer or motel air conditioners:

....................................................VOLTS / AMPS.......kW
*NEMA 5-15 .......Standard Outlet.. 120 V / 12 A...... 1.4 kW
NEMA 5-20 ...... Motel air conditioner 120/16A....... 1.9 kW
NEMA 10-30......Older Dryers...... 240 V / 24 A...... 5.8 kW
NEMA 14-30......Newer Dryers..... 240 V / 24 A...... 5.8 kW
*NEMA 14-50......RV Parks ........... 240 V / 40 A...... 9.6 kW

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=adapter

Be sure to get a 50 amp circuit installed with a NEMA 14-50R receptacle. We sell the receptacle here:

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/14-50R-Outlet-14-50R.htm

Finally, make sure you get a JLong with your purchase. It is the perfect compliment for JESLA, which can extend the length of JESLA by 20 or more feet. Plus, it helps when you're at a public charge station and it's blocked, and also for charge stations where the cord won't easily reach the back of the car to plug in.

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/JLONG-40-Amp-J1772-extension-cable-JL40A.htm

Thanks,

Tony Williams
R&D Manager
Quick Charge Power LLC
TonyWilliams (at) QuickChargePower.com
http://www.QuickChargePower.com
1-844-EVPARTS
1-844-387-2787 office

8f84c0dc-160a-4ad5-ac40-0c6c8f2e6cdb.jpg

Seriously considering the 17,500 deal on the lease. Not in a hurry. Does anyone believe there is a bigger discount after this one. Does not look like the Bay Area dealers have moved many this month.

b47 said:
Seriously considering the 17,500 deal on the lease. Not in a hurry. Does anyone believe there is a bigger discount after this one. Does not look like the Bay Area dealers have moved many this month.

On the day I picked up my 2nd Rav4ev, Dianne sold 5 (maybe 6) on that day!

b47 said:

"Not in a hurry" and betting on an even bigger discount is a sucker's bet, IMHO. If you want one (new), I would probably get it sooner than later.

b47 said:
Oh yes wait for the end of model year specials in Dec/Jan :roll:

smkettner said:
b47 said:
Oh yes wait for the end of model year specials in Dec/Jan :roll:
Hahahaha

b47 said:
Sunnyvale Toyota is down to 17 as of today. They had 35 at the beginning of this month as I posted to the facebook RAV4-EV group.

They're selling (or otherwise unloading) one every day and a half. At that rate, they'll be out by mid October.

It seems that what's out there is all there is -- I believe Toyota isn't making any more.

Hoping for bigger incentives is a crazy gamble at this point; even if the incentives stay the same, you still lose -- the residual drops quarterly (which raises your monthly lease payment) and October 1 is less than a week away.

lemketron said:
It seems that what's out there is all there is -- I believe Toyota isn't making any more.

Hoping for bigger incentives is a crazy gamble at this point, and even if the incentive stay the same, you still lose -- the residual drops quarterly (which raises your monthly lease payment) and October 1 is less than a week away.

Yes, production has ended FOREVER and the current lease deal ends Sept 30, 2014.

Then, the residuals go down (making the payment bigger with the same discount). While I don't see Toyota changing the $17,500 deal until they are all gone, I do strongly suggest the payment will never be any lower than what it is through Sept 30.

I'll bet there won't be 150 left total on Oct 1.

TonyWilliams said:
Yes, production has ended FOREVER and the current lease deal ends Sept 30, 2014.
I think my vin 3533 came off the line on the last day:

producationrav4ev3533.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Then, the residuals go down (making the payment bigger with the same discount). While I don't see Toyota changing the $17,500 deal until they are all gone, I do strongly suggest the payment will never be any lower than what it is through Sept 30.

I'll bet there won't be 150 left total on Oct 1.

But if you want to buy after the lease periode ends, it doesn't really matter right ?

The 3 year lease will be higher, the money you buy the car for in the end is lower.
total about the same, right ?

fromport said:
But if you want to buy after the lease periode ends, it doesn't really matter right ?

The 3 year lease will be higher, the money you buy the car for in the end is lower.
total about the same, right ?

Thanks for posting those details. I see that August 28 was a Thursday, so I would imagine they would still work Friday, and the tear down crew would come in Monday to begin removing the tooling.

I wish we could see the same data from serial 1001.

Yes, if the residual goes down and you buy at the end (all other things constant), then, yes the "cost" is the same at near zero interest.

TonyWilliams said:
Thanks for posting those details. I see that August 28 was a Thursday, so I would imagine they would still work Friday, and the tear down crew would come in Monday to begin removing the tooling.
If I remember correct, Dianne told me that there were always 2 days that would accounted as the same.
So this unit could as well have been produced on Friday.
At least it is "one of the last" ;-)

I wish we could see the same data from serial 1001.

Have you asked Dianne ?
She might be able to pull that up on her screen ;-)

TonyWilliams said:
lemketron said:
...the residual drops quarterly (which raises your monthly lease payment) and October 1 is less than a week away.
...the residuals go down (making the payment bigger with the same discount). While I don't see Toyota changing the $17,500 deal until they are all gone, I do strongly suggest the payment will never be any lower than what it is through Sept 30.
Why do the residuals go down? Is it just because the vehicles become older (even though they're new)?

More miles means more wear & tear so the lessee pays more and the expected end value(residual) is less.
If you keep the car it is close to even.
my WAG

smkettner said:
More miles means more wear & tear so the lessee pays more and the expected end value(residual) is less.
If you keep the car it is close to even.
my WAG
More miles?? My understanding is that we're talking about new vehicles and they're saying that the residual will decrease at the end of the quarter (Sept 30) for remaining leases. (I know that 10K vs 12K vs unlimited miles affects the residual, but what does the end of the quarter matter?)

I see Diane mentions this in her lease description posts:
Dianne said:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Incentives are guaranteed thru Sept 30th, but residuals will drop again October 1 as they always do quarterly on all Toyotas.
I'm going to guess it's just a future valuation thing...
As months progress, it's presumed that a given year's vehicles will be worth less at the end of the lease agreement.

Back