Got Tint?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo69ny

Hey Everyone,

So I already have the trailer hitch, the cargo liner, the fuel door popper mod, and vent visors. The next mod Id like to do is window tinting.

Here is my thought. I live in Central NY where it is cold 8 months out of the year. I hate being cold.... I figure I probably should avoid the high end UV reflective stuff because in our vehicle it is more efficient to use the AC than to use the heat. So I probably WANT the car to get hot and to retain the heat in my case. In the summer months, when it actually gets warm, I could leave the car running for the dog (risky) or just roll the windows down.

Part two, I am toying with the idea of what to tint. In my PIP I tinted everything 35%, even the windscreen. Because the rear is already tinted in the Rav I was thinking of tinting just the front sides and front windscreen with 35%. I havent made up my mind on that yet though.

For those of you who have installed tint? What have you done? How have you liked it?

The front two side windows and the windscreen are not tinted. Only the rear sides and rear window. I could add 35% tint to all of them so the rear is a little darker or I could just added it to the front. I am leaning towards just 35 on the front windows but I thought Id ask you guys what you did.

jimbo69ny said:
The front two side windows and the windscreen are not tinted. Only the rear sides and rear window. I could add 35% tint to all of them so the rear is a little darker or I could just added it to the front. I am leaning towards just 35 on the front windows but I thought Id ask you guys what you did.

Actually, all cars have UV inhibitors in all windows.

I figured that was the case but I didn't know that for sure. Regardless I just like having tinted windows. I don't use sunglasses normally and I tint helps keep me from squinting. Although I don't see the sun here in upstate ny quite as much as you SoCal drivers.

I put 35% on my front sides and rear, they look great. The back sides I put in 95% to make them really dark.

I got the 3M Color Stable film from eBay. Cheaper tint will change color to purple after a year or so.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261586055062?item=261586055062&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

I have pictures of my car on Facebook Rav4 EV forum...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152455225203575&set=pcb.861564977210928&type=1&theater

Back