The last new Rav4 EV, #3538?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Dianne said:
There are higher #'s today.

So, what's the highest number you see?

I am with Dianne and bought the 3533 highest silver vin she has
she sold 5 today ;-) (possibly 6)
AFAIK the 3537/3538 are the highest (both pearl white)

In fact I just leased that #3536 from Sunnyvale Toyota this evening. This board was a huge help in negotiating the lease terms, so thanks very much to the contributors.

jimbo69ny said:
Negotiating? What was there to negotiate? Unlimited mileage was a no brainier and prices seem pretty fixed.

Well the top line was negotiable as were some of the specific charges (e.g., security deposit). Having the contract someone posted in hand turned out to be a huge help, saved a few $K.

astroev said:
jimbo69ny said:
Negotiating? What was there to negotiate? Unlimited mileage was a no brainier and prices seem pretty fixed.

Well the top line was negotiable as were some of the specific charges (e.g., security deposit). Having the contract someone posted in hand turned out to be a huge help, saved a few $K.

Oh ok. Im glad you received a good deal. I emailed 10+ dealers and received roughly the same deals. My deal was $498 inc taxes with zero money out of pocket. Based on what I found that was the best deal. Id love to pull a Tony and buy at least 1 more.

Total newbie question but I'm flummoxed. A day or two ago (when I didn't have time to act on it) I found a topic in this forum along the lines of "ten things to do when you first take delivery of the car". For the life of me I can't find that post again. Anyone know where that is? It was things like "get the charging network cards" and "settings to change on the info system" and "have the dealer turn off the backup beeps".

Thanks very much!

astroev said:
Total newbie question but I'm flummoxed. A day or two ago (when I didn't have time to act on it) I found a topic in this forum along the lines of "ten things to do when you first take delivery of the car". For the life of me I can't find that post again. Anyone know where that is? It was things like "get the charging network cards" and "settings to change on the info system" and "have the dealer turn off the backup beeps".

Thanks very much!
It's in Tony's post under "Buying a Toyota Rav4 EV folder", the topic is "$17,500 off by 3, nov 2014, Production ends August 2014."

Here's cut and paste of a portion of his post.

IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR DELIVERED WITH SPECIFIC SETTINGS:

You will likely want your dealer to set the reverse beeper to a single beep. I highly recommend writing this in the sales contract, particularly for an out of state sale. You will not like this distracting beeping in reverse. Also, I recommend setting the auto door locks to whatever setting you want prior to delivery (always unlocked, lock when in Drive, only unlock driver's door, etc).

If you don't want the navigation screen to automatically pop back to the map mode, press the "Home" button below the screen (like on an iPad / iPhone), then press the lower right hand corner symbol for page 2, then press the upper left hand symbol, then scroll down until you see Auto Screen Change, then select OFF.

HOV LANE STICKERS

Apply for your California HOV lane stickers (less than $20) after you have a license plate issued to your car:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

There is only one factory Rav4 EV option: Color

Blizzard Pearl white (about $395 extra)
Blue (most popular color)
Silver (least popular color)

Please get the appropriate public charging network cards from:

Blink
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment
etc

Here's the thread:

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=13493#p13493

Here's a list of things that you will probably want to do very early in your ownership experience:

Please get the appropriate public charging network cards from:

Blink / Car Charging
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment
etc

IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR DELIVERED WITH SPECIFIC SETTINGS:

You will likely want your dealer to set the reverse beeper to a single beep. I highly recommend writing this in the sales contract, particularly for an out of state sale. You will not like this distracting beeping in reverse. Also, I recommend setting the auto door locks to whatever setting you want prior to delivery (always unlocked, lock when in Drive, only unlock driver's door, etc).

If you don't want the navigation screen to automatically pop back to the map mode

Press the "Home" button below the screen (like on an iPad / iPhone), then press the lower right hand corner symbol for page 2, then press the upper left hand symbol, then scroll down until you see Auto Screen Change, then select OFF.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE DROP DOWN MENUS TO BLOCK YOUR REVERSE CAMERA VIEW:

Page 161 of the 2012 owner's manual:

1. Press the “Home” button
2. Touch the "Settings" gear icon on the “Main Menu” screen
3. Touch “Phone” on the “Setup” screen
4. Touch “Phone Display Settings”
5. Select "off" for "Display Phone Book Transfer Status"
6. Select "off" for "Display Call History Transfer Status"
7. Touch "Save"

Page 173 of the 2012 owner's manual:

1. Press the “Home” button
2. Touch the "Settings" gear icon on the “Main Menu” screen
3. Touch “Bluetooth” on the “Setup” screen
4. Touch “Detailed Bluetooth Settings”
5. Touch the down arrow once
6. Select "off" for "Display Phone Status"
7. Select "off" for "Display Portable Player Status"
8. Touch "Save"

IF YOUR CAR IS DELIVERED WITHOUT FUNCTIONING INTERIOR LIGHTS:

A pin is located in the engine bay passenger side fuse box to activate the lights. Inside that fuse box, there is a white "fuse" without any number and that is the "pin". Under the fuse cover, there is a location labeled "short". Put the "pin" into the "short" slot and interior function like light, garage door opener, external door handle switch will be activated.

HOV LANE STICKERS

Apply for your California HOV lane stickers (less than $20) after you have a license plate issued to your car:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/decal.htm

Tony,

That is quite a few cards to get for charging. Can you tell me what the majority of the chargers use? I see Blink and ChargePoint mostly.
I'll get around to the rest I'm sure at some point

thanks

Blink / Car Charging
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment

james said:
Tony,

That is quite a few cards to get for charging. Can you tell me what the majority of the chargers use? I see Blink and ChargePoint mostly.

thanks

Blink / Car Charging
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment

It really depends on where you are, what is available there, and what you want to use. I'd look at www.PlugShare.com and see what is available.

m0botics said:
#3537 (white) is listed:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/617055725/overview/
http://www.auburntoyota.com/new/Toy...uburn-ca-881843690a0a00e05d52275eb5c64559.htm

Looks to be the only one Auborn Toyota has on the lot.

Dianne has #3535 @ Carson
AstroEV has leased #3536
Auborn has #3537
#3538 ???

That is one clueless dealer in Auburn:

No mention of the lease specials
No mention of $7500 fed tax credit
No mention of HOV lane access
No mention of $2500 state rebate

"Introducing" when they are potentially selling the very last one.

"Leather" sterling wheel !!!

Introducing the 2014 Toyota RAV4 EV!

Providing great efficiency and utility! Toyota prioritized fit and finish as evidenced by: a leather steering wheel, an outside temperature display, and much more.

We have the vehicle you've been searching for at a price you can afford. Stop by our dealership or give us a call for more information.

3538 was sold.
I have 3535 here (pearl white) and the other slightly higher #'s are sold.

hey, be nice to Auburn. Where do you think I am getting the majority of my Northern CA cars from this past few months? ;)

james said:

Blink / Car Charging
NRG / eVgo
SemaConnect
ChargePoint
AeroVironment
WattStation

You don't need all those cards if you have a smart phone. Just download each service's app to your phone, create an account for each, and you're good to go no matter what charger you encounter in the wild.

Back