URGENT: Need help on Unlimited Lease Terms on Contract

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49erRAV

Hi All, in a bit of a pickle here. Signing for my RAV4 EV and the dealer is insisting that there is no way to show N/A on the contract for miles and overage. It currently shows 15,000 miles and 0.15/mile for overage. Can someone who ran into this issue with their dealer please suggest what might have worked?

Thanks in advance!

49erRAV said:
Hi All, in a bit of a pickle here. Signing for my RAV4 EV and the dealer is insisting that there is no way to show N/A on the contract for miles and overage. It currently shows 15,000 miles and 0.15/mile for overage. Can someone who ran into this issue with their dealer please suggest what might have worked?

Thanks in advance!

Try $0.0000000 for overage....then it practically wont matter what the mileage is.

49erRAV said:

Thanks in advance!

This is part of scan of my lease contract:

http://www2.dth.net/rav4ev/rav2lease.jpg

49erRAV said:

Thanks in advance!

Hope it's not too late. Someone posted this Toyota internal memo about how this is done in the past on this forum. Here's for your reference and hope this helps.

Thank you to everyone! Had a stressful time at the dealership but made it out with two N/A's on a manual contract. The finance manager wouldn't budge and basically told me to walk if I wasn't willing to sign the 15K terms the computer generated. The GM came over and backed him up stating that this is how they've done all unlimited leases in the past for the EV. I told them there was no way I was signing something that explicitly stated unlimited or N/A. Dianne told me to walk away if they wouldn't remove the 15k terms from the contract. Fortunately after firmly standing my ground, the GM walked back in and said his "friend" or rep in TFS told him to draw up a manual contract with N/A and our initials. Contract printed with 15K and $0 for excess miles but we quickly crossed it out and put N/A for both with our initials. They were saying how we may have to redo it on Monday if TFS rejects what we submitted.

Rav4EVoom, thank you so much for that document. I'll be sure to pass it along for their reference. All they had was an outdated flyer from July that was expired. It came down to their word at that moment vs mine at the time of return. No way I would take that risk.

To add to the drama, I had sent my wife and six month old home before I walked into the finance office. They were already home an hour away when this complication came up with my daughter crying hysterically all the way home. I had to find a way to avoid them having to come back and pick me up!

So glad it's all over! We put a good 60-70 miles on her tonight. Loving "Raven" so far! Can't wait to get a 220V 40A charging solution.

49erRAV said:
Rav4EVoom, thank you so much for that document. I'll be sure to pass it along for their reference. All they had was an outdated flyer from July that was expired. It came down to their word at that moment vs mine at the time of return. No way I would take that risk.
Glad everything worked out for you. I can't really take credit since someone else managed to find this internal Toyota document(incredible) and post it on this forum a long time ago. I happened to save this document when I was researching to lease my Rav4EV awhile back and had it handy to attach here. The Toyota document obviously isn't current, but since this incentive was extended,Toyota would likely have this deal processed in the same way. At least it shows it's possible to put NA in their contract and it's dealer's responsibility to have the contract program updated...

Did you get exactly the deal you posted earlier? It's probably the best deal I've seen for the Rav4EV in the past several months. Congratulation to you!

Back