Out of State Buyer - Checklist

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatcat73

I'm happy to say that I just placed a deposit on a used EV. In lurking around on the forums I've made a list of items I would like the dealership to address as part of the sale. Should I add anything? Is there a TSB reference # for the motor hum?

1) Tech programming:
-a. Adjust door unlock remote to open all doors with 1 press; only auto-lock when in drive
-b. Adjust car reverse tone to single beep
-c. Adjust seat belt reminder chime to only chime once
-d. All open TSB’s:
-- i. TSB-0082-13
-- ii. TSB-0010-14 (printout at end)
-- iii. Any other? - Please document

2) Motor Hum – Diagnose
-a. Listen for motor hum while while driving 25+ MPH.

3) Confirm:
-a. Both Keys
-b. Owners Manual
-c. Charging Cord
-d. Maintenance to date? Tire rotation

Also charge the battery! Somewhere between 50% and 80% (regular charge). Not an extended charge if it is being transported.

A 2013 RAV4EV mysteriously showed up at a MD CARMAX. One (fleet) owner previously. 21k miles and clean. What are the pitfalls of buying one outside of CA?

kiwiguy said:
Toyota won't service the car or any warranty claims.
Not entirely true. They won't service it (who cares, it's just some BMW fluid and tire rotations), but many out of state owners have had warranty work performed.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=366

This is true, so far Toyota has taken care of me. Go for it, we love this car.
just to make sure you have one of the "good ones" take it out for a spin (highway) and listen out for any excessive motor noise and/or strange grinding milling sounds.

Airton

The dealer sent me a video of:
1) All doors unlocking w 1 press
2) Single Reverse Beep
3) Seatbelt warning chime disabled

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GtRlEsAm-zOFpxS3B3c0ZTbGM/view?usp=sharing_eid

Can an own confirm this is correct behavior? I was hoping dealer would document in the service ticket.

Also it looks like they performed an extended charge as the GOM shows 121 miles :-/ That stinks as the car will sit in this state for a couple weeks.

My car showed 124 miles on the GOM when new. That's because it had little driving history and the computer uses a relatively high efficiency when new/reset. Don't worry about it.

Back