Car enthusiasts on this forum?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent friday 4/10 driving my SLK350 on the track at Laguna Seca. I was pretty hard on the tires, brakes and clutch...But it sure was fun! Then I took my 4Runner to Death Valley and explored some of the trails and canyons. Yes, they're both gas guzzlers, but they do what the Rav4 can't.

That is a great track to drive. I do miss driving my car on the track. I would always feel bad after beating it up. But as you say it is a blast.
Manny

Car guy here. And I must be of the same mind as Weekdayskier as my current stable of cars is all about expanding the breadth of qualities and capabilities covered across the vehicles. Though they all have to be solid transportation first, even given their specializations. That goes for the Porsche too, 650 hp, that is my DD, and has functional back seats to drop off the kiddies.

The RAV4 EV is my personal carbon offset program with the wife for these two guzzlers:

p1995007645-5.jpg

Couple weekends ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpw4wyoMVS0

Reminds me of attending the ALMS racing event in Monterey, CA. We used to go every year, as Acura would sponsor our track side tent and give us passes for the race. It was a blast hearing the cars scream past us within a few feet. The smells and sounds were just so intoxicating. I am hoping that Acura will race the new NSX and invite us folks to the events. Probably won't happen but I can hope. When driving the Rav4EV or the Kia Soul EV I am very happy to have a quiet cabin where music sounds good. I often am not in a hurry and enjoy the commute. Put me into the NSX and the windows are down the radio is off and I am intent on hearing the engine do everything. Kind of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Manny

Back