Service near Syracuse, New York

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayspeed

This is my first post here as my wife and I are considering picking up a used RAV4 EV from California and having it shipped to NY State.

I see there are a couple (at least) people on this forum who have purchased cars and are having them serviced out of state. Does anyone know of any particular dealers in the Syracuse or Rochester or Ithaca area who will actually perform a service?

I suppose we could always have the car shipped down to the NY/NJ metro area as well, if there are any dealers down there who might do service.

I'm not so concerned about tire rotations and that sort of "soft" service, I'm more concerned with the software updates, and of course any necessary repairs to the traction battery.

you can contact: Mr. Kevin Spillane, Toyota Customer rep for the Rav4EV
Direct line: 1-310-974-7545

he will arrange the field tech's visit to your local Toyota dealer of choice for Software/Firmware updates and any other EV specific services needed.

Good luck with your purchase!

Airton said:
you can contact: Mr. Kevin Spillane, Toyota Customer rep for the Rav4EV
Direct line: 1-310-974-7545

he will arrange the field tech's visit to your local Toyota dealer of choice for Software/Firmware updates and any other EV specific services needed.

Good luck with your purchase!

Fantastic! Thank you! Will post updates.

Jason

I have gone to Hoselton Toyota a few times. They took care of the reverse beep and all my Toyota Care services. Based on what I've seen here they did not get paid by Toyota for those but they did them anyway and never told me there was any issue. They did not know about the firmware updates but offered to look into it more if I was concerned about it. I plan to do one firmware update with the big recall.

I have a great local shop that I trust for all my normal work. After my Toyota Care ended I have been using them for rotations, yearly inspections, and diagnostics. I also plan to use them for my fluid replacements.

There are only three issues I'm concerned about. The heater seems to fail in a high percentage of these cars. I have the extended warranty to cover that and those repairs have been done outside of CA. The traction motor seems to develop a hum and now there is a recall. I think I have a slight case of engine hum but hopefully that will be taken care of with the recall. It is a proof of concept car. Only a handful were made and Toyota will probably stop providing support as soon as they can (10 years?). If you plan to keep the car a long time you may need to get creative to fix issues someday.

Besides that it is a great car. Quiet, fantastic acceleration, incredible cornering for a small SUV, and a "fill up" costs me less than $4.20. We still have a Sienna for longer trips or for when the whole family is travelling but the Rav4 is our primary transportation.

Mike

Have you been able to get in contact with Kevin, im in the same situation here in salt lake city area. I have left a message for him but havent heard back yet.

Back