Total shutdown in the garage after full charge

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidb9608

How do I get this thing going again. I pulled it into the garage about 430 pm plugged it in to my 40 amp circuit. At 923 something happened. Entune does not work. There is no electricity showing any where in the car. I do not know how much of a charge I got for sure. I am in Massachusetts 3000 miles from SF where I had it shipped from. I have 30000 miles on the vehicle. What should be my initial point of contact to get this thing fixed. Any help appreciated
David W Biddle

What is the voltage on the 12v battery terminals? I would try removing the negative cable for a minute and reconnect to attempt a reset. If the battery is less than 12.2 volts I would charge it while that terminal is removed.

Best of luck. Should be a more definitive post along soon....

I also think that your 12V battery is the #1 suspect. Try to jump start it (following instructions in the manual) if you don't have a voltmeter.

Davidb9608 said:
Thanks. It was the battery. A new battery brought everything back. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
David
How old is your car ?
how many miles ?
Did you leave the rav4ev for a long time without driving/charging it previous to this event ?

The car was driven all day almost 100 miles. It had 30 left on the gom I brought it home parked in the garage and it seemed as if the 12 volt battery collapsed. It read 11.45. I found another battery in the garage that was a 35 c it read 12.45 swapped batteries and all is good.
It would probably be prudent at this point to buy a brand new battery. Great to have this forum to interact with
David

my 12v battery failed a couple months after i got mine. I attributed it to leaving the car for about 10 days with no use, but i've never had that problem again since i replaced the battery. I think in my case the car may have sat on the lot for awhile before i bought it so maybe the 12v battery had been damaged. The replacement was under $100 so i never bothered contacting the dealer about it.

Same thing happened to me Saturday. I jumped the car. It worked but it only charged immediately and a few other issues. I brought it in today and by time they got to it they said the main battery was dead. I don't know what's wrong yet. If you are interested I'll let you know if and when they figure it out.

Back