Tesla 70D vs 85D

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredulocious said:
If it were me, I would take every option that provides more range: more kWh, dual motor with more efficient gearing, lighter weight, smaller frontal area (less drag/wind resistance), etc. Obviously you have to take into account how much each option might cost though.

I'm wishing for a smaller, lighter/more nimble, still sporty, AWD hatchback with range up and over 300 miles (for access to remote locales with no charging opportunities), but I'll take whatever we can get in the near term. RAV4 for now of course!

Yes how about a high range option with just a single motor geared for range(FWD only?) and fill the space with an extra 15 or 30 kWh of battery.

How about the 90D option? New battery chemistry? No one is exactly sure if it is only the 5kwh battery upgrade has the new battery chemistry or all 90kwh has it.

But interesting thing is... is $13k more really worth the maybe extra 50 miles range?

Back