Has anyone here tried to sell their leased RAV EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

Hi

I am considering to upgrade to a Tesla and am unsure on what to do with the RAV. My last leased vehicle, I was able to sell it before lease expired. Is this something that some one has tried with a low production car like the RAV EV.

Thanks.

burningmay said:
Hi

I am considering to upgrade to a Tesla and am unsure on what to do with the RAV. My last leased vehicle, I was able to sell it before lease expired. Is this something that some one has tried with a low production car like the RAV EV.

Thanks.

The production rate has nothing to do with the lease.

I just sold one RAV4 EV lease car last month. Call Toyota Financial for the payoff amount. Toyota is a bit of a pain in the posterior with their handling; it took many weeks to get the transaction complete.

burningmay said:
Hi

Thanks.
Having gotten tired of waiting for 'next year' for the Tesla X release, I bought a used RAV4 EV from a dealer.

There were a number of Craiglisters trying to sell their factory owned RAV4 EVs, but the transactions did not feel 'clean.' Some wanted me to give them the asking price for the vehicle they did not own, so that they could pay off Toyota (either leasing or loan), so that Toyota (or someone) would send me the pink slip. It seemed quite risky and messy.

I am told that Carmax will offer some 10% below what is owed on the vehicle/lease to buy such, but have no first hand experience.

Ferenc

Back