Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark Rivers had posted earlier in this thread about getting a 6 year / 125k Platinum warranty for $995.00 via Frontier Toyota in Valencia so I called them up....price today is $1995.00 (perhaps Mark mistakenly dropped the "1" in his post), going up to $2500.00 for 8 year / 125k. Reaching dealers to actually get a quote is a chore in itself. The chat feature most dealers use on their websites is a joke. Not once has a dealer gotten back to me when I've used that feature. No wonder folks go out of state to get quotes from folks like Toby, mentioned earlier in this thread, who get right back to you and return emails/phone calls promptly.

If anyone has a contact at a California dealer who can match Toby's pricing, please post name and contact info.

Thank You!

Todd said:
Mark Rivers had posted earlier in this thread about getting a 6 year / 125k Platinum warranty for $995.00 via Frontier Toyota in Valencia so I called them up....price today is $1995.00 (perhaps Mark mistakenly dropped the "1" in his post), going up to $2500.00 for 8 year / 125k. Reaching dealers to actually get a quote is a chore in itself. The chat feature most dealers use on their websites is a joke. Not once has a dealer gotten back to me when I've used that feature. No wonder folks go out of state to get quotes from folks like Toby, mentioned earlier in this thread, who get right back to you and return emails/phone calls promptly.

If anyone has a contact at a California dealer who can match Toby's pricing, please post name and contact info.

Thank You!

Why don't you just buy from Toby? He does out of state and you just need to do it over the phone.

fusiondynamics said:
Todd said:

Thank You!

Why don't you just buy from Toby? He does out of state and you just need to do it over the phone.

:) I'm trying to stay local and support our California dealers but selling extended warranties seems to be more of a bother than a service. I can't even get the dealer I bought the car from to call me back. It's looking like Toby will indeed have another sale.

You would figure this is easy money but some of them are so lazy. I remember getting the car and the service before was excellent. Once I drove off and had a few more questions, I never got anymore replies. Then I had a friend looking and I shot off a email and boy did I get a quick response.

I just learned that I was getting bad info when getting quotes...seems the handful of dealers (who I could actually get quotes from) were quoting based on category T4 and come to find out the Rav4 EV should be category T3. If anyone finds out that this info is not correct, please advise. BIG price difference. It's my understanding that Toyota prices their extended warranties based on these categories so it's important to be quoted correctly. The gas powered 2014 Rav4 is category T2 which leads me to believe, the higher the category number, the higher the price.

Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty / Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche
& Kia of West Springfield
Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-774-2247
Web. http://www.FD-Warranty.com

You need a New England address for the initial registration, might have to ask a relative for their address. It doesn't do anything other than sending you the initial paperwork, everything is electronic anyway so the warranty is set.

Good News to report! At the very last minute I purchased an extended warranty at a great price right here in California. After reaching out to countless California dealers (most never even got back to me) and being quoted as much as $900.00 higher....yes, that's $900.00, I'd basically given up hope until I found Calvin Mann at Puente Hills Toyota. He set me up with the 7 year/125k Platinum Zero Deductible Factory Toyota extended warranty for $1200.00. He was straight forward and there was no going back and forth....very easy transaction. I spoke to Calvin and said, hey I'm on a forum with other Rav4 EV drivers, would it be okay to share your contact info and he said sure BUT realize pricing does fluctuate and he can't guarantee the same price I got when it comes time to buy yours. With that said, he's a California Dealer so you don't have to worry about buying out of state and for me, I just felt better about it....plus Toby never got back to me. So all worked out....one more thing, Calvin is the Fleet Director and he his SUPER BUSY so don't wait until the last minute like I did to purchase....start the dialog early. Don't be surprised if he takes a few days....sometimes 3 or 4 to get back to you if you email. He tends to work late...sometimes till 9pm so you might catch him on the phone later in the evenings. His pricing on the various other extended warranty options was fantastic as well...for me, I just decided the 7/125 was the way to go. I get absolutely nothing for passing this along but feel free to mention my name...maybe he'll call you back sooner but no guarantees. :) Todd Crook

Calvin Mann
Puente Hills Toyota & Scion
Fleet Director

Mobile: (909) 929-1122
Direct: (626) 923-6511
Facsimile: (909) 992-3152
Facebook: View My Profile (Must log in to view)
LinkedIn: View My Profile
17070 East Gale Ave,
City Of Industry, CA 91748

Thanks for doing the work, Todd. Could you check Calvin Mann's cell phone number. It is not correct. Thanks.

When does the 3 years of the original warranty start? From date of 1st sale? From date of Manufacture?
The mileage part is easy.... look at the odometer.

I'm just over 25k in a 2013, so next year will be when one or the other condition will come into play. Don't want to miss the 3 year date on a technicality....

surfingslovak said:
The RAV has a 5-year/60K powertrain warranty and the battery is covered by an 8-year/100,000-mile warranty. The dealer I interacted with has specifically discouraged the lessee from purchasing an extended warranty at the time of contract signing. If the powertrain warranty was not enough, Todd Crook has recently recommended Calvin Mann at Puente Hills Toyota & Scion (626-923-6511 or cmann at puentehillstoyota.com). He set him up with a 7 year/125K Platinum Zero Deductible Factory Toyota extended warranty for $1,200. If that was too much, Jerry Johnson with Midwest Toyota (620-664-8844 or jerryj at midwestsuperstore.com) had a 3 year/80K Platinum Zero Deductible Warranty for $399...

Repost... thanks.

Tobytoyota just took care of us. Easy deal. Got 3 year/80K mile to cover everything through end of lease. Driving over 2000 mile/month

Hi Everyone,

My family and I have been wondering what it would cost to add an extended warranty to a 2013 rav4 ev? I believe the bumper to bumper coverage for the rav4 would end on 2016, so if we wanted to increase the time before it ends what is the average cost to add an extended warranty? Would anyone also know how long it would cover the rav4 for?

Thanks everyone :)

Back