Rav4 EV owner funded CHAdeMO's, SBA to SJC

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, for the RAVs, just a little top up at Atascadero if it looks like you won't make it over Cuesta Grade going south. Nice. One more in the middle like King City would be nice, then the whole trip SF-LA would be a cake walk.

BTW, what happened to the other organization that was going to put a CHAdeMO in SLO?

I think Tony mentioned the group that was supposed to put the L3 charger in at Madonna Inn in SLO ran out of money. I have tried to send them multiple e-mails to find out what is going on with their charger but it appears no one at SunSpeed wants to respond. It appears as though the concrete work and pads for the charging stations and transformers have been put in but that's it.

It's great that there is finally a L3 charger in SLO with what appears to be two Chademo capable chargers (one dual head, and one single). The chargers aren't that close to 101 but they are close to my house so it will make testing the Jdemo easy enough. The cost is pretty high so it only makes sense to use them when traveling.

The last piece of the puzzle is a L3 charging station in King City. If the unit at Keefers was a dual head Chademo unit it would have been perfect. I've done all I can to try to help out with getting a L3 charging station installed in King City with no success.

Back