Would like a used 2014 or 2013 RAV4 EV I need some input

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Just been looking online and there does not seem to be a lot of 2014 RAV4 EVs. I wouldn't mind doing a lease take over. I mainly want 2014 instead of a 2013 because the bumper to bumper warranty will end next year for a 13. Though I have wondered if it would be possible to take out an extended warranty for a used 2013? I just don't know how much it would cost. What do you guys suggest? It seems that a 2014 at 30k or less with some mileage is a good deal. If it is a possible to get a 2013 and be able to get an extended warranty at a reasonable price (And cost less than a 2014) that would be good. I need some input. There basically is no difference between the 2013 and 2014, but I'd like to be covered by the bumper to bumper for at least 2 years :(. What is the cut off date, or dead line, to be able to take out an extended warranty and how many years will it cover be for?

You can buy the Toyota Platinum warranty as long as the vehicle is less than 3 years and 36,000 miles from first sale. There is a huge range in mileage on these cars because many of them had unlimited mile leases. Personally, I would stay away from any used RAV4 EV that I could not get an extended warranty on.

Go to the Facebook Group. Just ask to be added to the group. The pinned post is for a 2014 that is available for lease takeover.

Oh wow this is perfect! My mother loves white. This would be the perfect RAV4 EV for me to take her around town :). I joined the facebook group and left a message. If all goes well we will take over the lease. The only thing I am worried about is that I live in L.A. and I don't know how to bring the RAV4 EV over. I checked plugshare and There seems to be a gap midway of charging stations. Not sure if the RAV4 EV would have enough range to make it.

There looks to be two ways to bring it and the first seems to be starting from Los Gatos CA to Santa Cruz then Monterey/Camel By the Sea and then reach a lone charge station in Los Padres National Forest (Which Appears to be for hotel guest use only) There is then a huge gap until reaching San Simeon/Cambria. From there seem to be plenty of lv 2 charging stations down to L.A.

The other route would be going to San Jose then over to Modesto Then down to Merced and a long route with out any chargers until reaching Fresno (I don't see anything listed in Madera). Then you have to go down to Tulare and reach baker's field. Then there is another big gap to reach L.A. which I don't now if the Rav4 EV will be able to make it.

cashcow said:
planning to drive it over

Since you need to make the trip up there and than drive it down here, this could be an alternative:

Try and get a quote from https://www.uship.com/

I have seen car's being transported from way up north to the LA area for a couple of hundred dollars.
Works only when you are not in a hurry btw.

fromport said:
cashcow said:
planning to drive it over

Since you need to make the trip up there and than drive it down here, this could be an alternative:

Try and get a quote from https://www.uship.com/

I have seen car's being transported from way up north to the LA area for a couple of hundred dollars.
Works only when you are not in a hurry btw.

Thanks for the link I got a quote of 268 to bring it to San Fernando CA that is pretty reasonable. Some of the options say enclosed and open trailer but there is also tow away available. Is it advisable to tow the rav4?

cashcow said:
Thanks for the link I got a quote of 268 to bring it to San Fernando CA that is pretty reasonable. Some of the options say enclosed and open trailer but there is also tow away available. Is it advisable to tow the rav4?

_I_ wouldn't do that. That would mean the car in front needs to brake 4000lbs of rav4ev.

Enclosed/open trailer is imho the way to go.

Yes I used plugshare but it doesn't look like there are enough chargers along the way. I'm not sure how the leaf would do it with only giving 80 miles from the battery.... Can you check plugshare and let me know a possible route? Really, I just think they are too far. I even used google maps to check the distance :(

If somebody wants a RAV4 EV delivered from SoCal to San Francisco area, I'll do it for free and fly home.

Two issues:

1) I need to drive up to there to install some JdeMO units, and would use the car for 2-3 days for that

2) I would install a JdeMO unit on the delivery car for the trip, to be swapped over to a car in the Bay Area

Trip is planned for mid to late December.

Back