Reviewing info from the Ending Screen Trip Summary

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanta

Is the data from the Multi-Information Display's Ending Screen Trip Summary easily accessible for download? I'd be interested in collecting and archiving all those trip summaries, not so much interested in scribing it every trip.

Trip Summary
Distance (miles)
Elapsed Time (hh:mm)
Avg. Efficiency (mi/kWh)
Avg. ECO Coach (/100)

Anybody figure this out already?
Thanks,
-Tom

example:

from owners' manual:

I have one of these http://www.mycarma.com. Downside is the cords hang out in the trunk and I t doesn't give real time SOC but it logs data from each trip. I recommend it if you want something basic.

The car sends this information to Entune after each trip for integration into the Eco Dashboard app, but to the best of my knowledge, individual trip summaries are not available beyond the last trip.

Toyota does aggregate this data into daily averages of efficiency and the Eco Driving Score, which you can access in the app by tapping on your efficiency and Eco Driving Score ratings, but Toyota only reveals the last month of this info in the app (likely because the historical information would take some time to process and download).

That MyCarma thing looks interesting. On my prius I used a CarChip thing that plugged into the ODBII slot and collected trip data for a few years before wigging out. After that it reported each start and stop of the engine as a separate trip. I'd love to see a picture of your setup if you have one, and maybe a sample output too if you'd be willing to oblige.

And the Eco Dashboard, I have never got that thing to work. I can view charge info, spy on the car's location, turn on the air conditioner, but can't get past some sort of "network error" for the Eco Dashboard (see below.) I'm very curious though, what does it look like when it works? Is the data accessible, or locked in the wonderful entune app, for the one month it is viewable?

Thanks!
-Tom

Back