Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So went with Toby last week and got an email today that Toyota canceled the plan I got and won't allow online sales anymore so now I got to find a plan b. I will be calling some local dealerships here in Utah.

Please let the group know here or on the FB page. I just rolled over 30k and while down at carson last week, was shocked (literally) at the price for a Platinum warranty.

At that price, I won't buy it out... give back the Rav and Tesla's getting my more then $2k for a Model-S deposit then going into a Toyota warranty.

P.S. I've had one of the lucky Rav's with zero issues. So it's a gamble.

JasonA said:
Please let the group know here or on the FB page. I just rolled over 30k and while down at carson last week, was shocked (literally) at the price for a Platinum warranty.

Just to clarify, you were shocked at that dealer's huge markup of the Paltimun warranty. I bought from my local dealer for $1200... 7 years, 125,000 miles.

Toby also had to drop his offer to me so I'm looking around. If anyone finds a deal in CA, please share here.

JasonA said:

At that price, I won't buy it out... give back the Rav and Tesla's getting my more then $2k for a Model-S deposit then going into a Toyota warranty.

P.S. I've had one of the lucky Rav's with zero issues. So it's a gamble.
How can you be "shocked (literally)" by a price? ;)

What I'm really writing about though is that you should be able to sell a RAV4 for signifcantly more than the lease buyout at the end of term. Certainly more than your $2K....

Well, considering I was already down at Carson and I bought the vehicle from them I would consider them "MY dealer" and yes, I was shocked to see the more then $2k+ price when others on here have been talking about sub $1k prices.

I don't want to get rid of the Rav (love the SUV and utility part of it too much), but at some point the cost and dollar value going into it doesn't make sense for what else is out there with longer range and a better charging infrastructure.

JasonA said:
Well, considering I was already down at Carson and I bought the vehicle from them I would consider them "MY dealer" and yes, I was shocked to see the more then $2k+ price when others on here have been talking about sub $1k prices.

I don't want to get rid of the Rav (love the SUV and utility part of it too much), but at some point the cost and dollar value going into it doesn't make sense for what else is out there with longer range and a better charging infrastructure.
I'm sure you were shocked, just figuratively, not literally. (It sounded like you were saying you received an electrical shock.)

As for the value of the car, what I meant by my comment is that it would make sense to buy out the lease in order to immediately sell the car and make a chunk of profit to put towards your new Tesla, rather than just give it back. This is certainly my intention: whether I keep the car longer or not, I'm going to pay the residual.

Incredulocious said:
JasonA said:

I'm sure you were shocked, just figuratively, not literally. (It sounded like you were saying you received an electrical shock.)

As for the value of the car, what I meant by my comment is that it would make sense to buy out the lease in order to immediately sell the car and make a chunk of profit to put towards your new Tesla, rather than just give it back. This is certainly my intention: whether I keep the car longer or not, I'm going to pay the residual.

I would like to see how that plays out in the next 3-6 months on cars after all taxes and fees are paid and how much profit is actually there. One would need to be very uninformed to buy a used RAV without a warranty and the high warranty cost plus all buyout fees seems close to the actual market values not to mention the hassle.

I just purchased my new 2015 RAV4 last wknd and I also got the extended warranty for 5 yrs 60K with $100 deductible for $1148. I didn't really know how much this will cost outside the dealer, didn't really do my homework for VSA since my friend told me to decline any protection plan but then I had a cold feet about declining. I thought that I just took it for now and cancel it later. Is the price reasonable? Should I cancel for now and add it later on after few yrs? By the way my location is in PA and so is the car dealer.

Thanks.

Newbie said:
I just purchased my new 2015 RAV4 last wknd and I also got the extended warranty for 5 yrs 60K with $100 deductible for $1148. I didn't really know how much this will cost outside the dealer, didn't really do my homework for VSA since my friend told me to decline any protection plan but then I had a cold feet about declining. I thought that I just took it for now and cancel it later. Is the price reasonable? Should I cancel for now and add it later on after few yrs? By the way my location is in PA and so is the car dealer.

Thanks.

This forum is for the all-electric RAV4 EV only. Try checking out RAV4World, which covers the gas-powered RAV4.

Act fast!
Toyota of Kirkland (WA) is offering extended warranties for dealer cost + $100.
Only this month's special pricing.
8yr/125k $0 deductible about $1450.
Ask for Jason in Finance and tell him I sent you.

If you're car is still under factory warranty you should be good to go. If not they have to do an inspection.

It seems a bit of a stretch that "dealer cost" is $1350, $1450 - $100, when posts from not long ago were considerably cheaper.
That said, the new pricing "may" reflect experience on the horrendous failure rate of the drive and ECU components.
So I guess I will be bending over and calling them.
Thanks for the heads up.

SeattleRav4 said:
That said, the new pricing "may" reflect experience on the horrendous failure rate of the drive and ECU components.
Is the ECU covered by the standard 5-year 60K miles drivetrain warranty?

swogee said:
Will Jason at Toyota Kirkland sell to non-local/out of state RAV4 EV owners? It seems that the other dealers previously listed in this thread will not.

I didn't ask, but a phone call from you can clarify it.

BTW, already know of one more local person who is buying one from him. For an out of warranty 2012.

surfingslovak said:
SeattleRav4 said:
Yes. The Gateway ECU is explicitly called out in the warranty guide that came with the car as included in the powertrain warranty.

I thought the Toyota VSP was only available for in-warranty vehicles. I wonder if Toyota Kirkland is selling some other product.

miimura said:
surfingslovak said:
Yes. The Gateway ECU is explicitly called out in the warranty guide that came with the car as included in the powertrain warranty.
Thank you, Mike! Good to know & much appreciated.

Back