Seat Cover for 2014 RAV4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPTGuy

Hi everybody!

I'm looking to get seat covers for my 2014 RAV4 EV. When I selected "2012 RAV4" the website wants more submodel information. Here are the choices:

For the front seats:
- Base, Limited, or Sport
- Standard or Sport bucket seat
- With or Without Side Airbag

For the back seats:
- Base, Limited, or Sport
- 40/60 or 60/40 Bottom Cushion

So what are the proper choices for the RAV4 EV?

Thanks!

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but I do know that the car does have side airbags (it's important to get covers that are compatible for the airbags to work).

What website are you looking for covers at?

I need seat covers as well. The cloth on the rav 4 seats is easily the worst thing about the car. My kids spilled juice on all the seats and it looks like pee stains.

Seat covers...grrr. I bought mine from CoverKing through Costco. I saved about 50%, but I had a similar issue. They actually had the EV as a menu choice, but not for 2012 or 2013, only 2014. That made me nervous but I ordered them anyway. It took a long time to get them (4 - 6 weeks?). When I got them I installed the front and they fit great, except the headrests was like stuffing 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb sack. Then I put the rear on, but they didn't have the cutout for the recline/fold lever, and were a little "off" in other areas. I worked with customer service who wanted me to re-order the same thing I already ordered, only they assured me they would send the right ones this time. They wanted me to place a new order at no cost, but I argued that I shouldn't have to go to the end of the line and wait another six weeks only to find out I might still have a problem. Over about two weeks of them trying to figure out what went wrong and why I got the wrong ones, I finally told them I didn't care about the cause, could they please send me the correct covers. Ultimately they sent me new covers for the back, but then deleted my service ticket and I never got anywhere on the front ones. They all fit pretty well (WAY better than any generic covers) so I have them to this day. The look sharp - Black with dark blue seating surface.

I am happy with them, though after a year the driver seat is showing wear from getting in n out of the car. Better the covers than the OEM seats and fabric. However, I got cloth covers so they do not protect the original seats from spills.

dstjohn99 it sounds like you went through the same issues that I had with Coverking/Costco. I had to actually send them picture of the seats in the RAV4 EV so they could get the correct rear seat covers. They took several weeks to finally get the right covers to me and it seems as though they really did not know what the differences were between the various RAV4 models and years. It was rather frustrating. They ended up giving me a dash cover as bonus since it took them so long to get the correct rear seat covers to me. They got the front seat covers right on the first try, but it took them 3 tries to get the rear seat covers right (especially the center arm rest cover). I even contemplated returning the covers to Costco to get my money back since it took them so long. I don't know that I would recommend Coverking to anyone else. I went with the grey/black in the neoprene fabric to protect the seats from spills.

Thanks for all the info, guys. I was on AutoAnything to look for neoprene seat cover because I pickup my boys from water polo practice everyday and they always have wet cloths on. The seat fabric is beginning to show stains so I figure I better protect it before it gets too bad. AutoAnything also carry CoverKing, but they appear to be quite a bit more expensive than Costco so I'm going to give Costco a try. I'm hoping CoverKing has gotten their act together after working with you guys (swogee and dstjohn99) ;)

I'll check out Costco as well. The black on black coverking neoprene covers look pretty good.

Thanks for the tips as well. I was planning to start a thread on seat covers :)

I had the generic neoprene covers for a several weeks while I waited for the custom fit CoverKing ones. I did not like them because they don't breathe and I was always hot / sweaty. That's why I went with the fabric ones and I like them much better, but they don't protect against spills and wet, just wear and tear.

Anyone tried the leather seat covers from CoverKing at Costco?

I was looking at the black leather but they don't look that particularly nice.

_

Back