Happy New Year (but December 31st was on the 31st!!!)

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bornstein

One of the first discovered RAV4 EV bugs reared its ugly head just in time to welcome in the new year.

On Wednesday the 30th I plugged my car in with a departure time of 6am. On Thursday, I went to use the car and saw that I only had 10 miles on the GOM :( .

Obviously the evil 31st bug had struck again :twisted:

Actually this was the first bug that I reported to Kevin Spillane way back in late 2012, and discussed many times with Percy Chan of Toyota who was supposedly working on a cure. It hasn't happened to me for years, so I thought it was solved with one of the software updates, but it seems to have struck again.

Any other victims?

Ours had the charge timer start itself up automatically at 3:12am on 12/31/2015, and at 5:22am on 1/1/2016; no issues here. I experienced the 31st-of-the-month bug early on in our ownership, but not since October of 2013 or so.

eschatfische said:
Ours had the charge timer start itself up automatically at 3:12am on 12/31/2015, and at 5:22am on 1/1/2016; no issues here. I experienced the 31st-of-the-month bug early on in our ownership, but not since October of 2013 or so.
Ditto. Mine started charging at 4:55am on 12/31/15. This bug really was fixed by a firmware update. I don't recall specifically which one and when I had it installed.

Back