RECALL: going into neutral / Speed Sensor failure

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked, but I don't have a sticker under the hood.

Hmm... checking out Techtream cables and software...

smkettner said:
ken830 said:
Anyone know how we can verify that the firmware update was applied? From the nav screen, I only see these and they all look unchanged from before the recall work:
Mine was updated today.

I can tell because....

the auto headlights were turned off
interior dome light moved to off position
charging schedule put on hold
radio was off
navigation display settings were changed
additional 20 miles added to the DTE meter

Will see what else I discover tomorrow ;)

Well, most of those are a result of disconnecting the 12 volt battery.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20859#p20859

1) Stored radio / SiriusXM stations will remain, however your last station listened to will likely be gone

2) Cell phone pairings are not 100%, so I would check. i have had to delete my phone (and the car from my phone) and re-pair it

3) Map display mode

4) Volume of navigation voice notifications

5) Random play modes

6) Charge schedule will be retained, but it won't work without hitting the "SAVE" button on the previous screen

7) state selection from destination address page

8) GOM reset

Out here in Denver I finally have an appointment to get the recall work done: Jan 13. We tried back in November, iirc, but the regional rep was spooked by 12V codes (+/- related) and didn't do the work. A few months later and it's more apparent that there may exist 12V issues, but the main recall is my first priority so I won't push it. I'm not sure if the remedy is ready yet for the windshield wiper issue.

shikataganai said:
Out here in Denver I finally have an appointment to get the recall work done: Jan 13. We tried back in November, iirc, but the regional rep was spooked by 12V codes (+/- related) and didn't do the work. A few months later and it's more apparent that there may exist 12V issues, but the main recall is my first priority so I won't push it. I'm not sure if the remedy is ready yet for the windshield wiper issue.
Recall work was done (again, in Denver) yesterday: 1/13/16. No 12V or DC-DC fixes done but apart from my remote climate weirdness that one day (that hasn't happened since 12V reset) the car has been fine.

Remedy still wasn't ready for wiper issue as expected.

Back