Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: CHAdeMO for Rav4 EV "JdeMO" by Quick Charge Power
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:26 am 

these sound like typical underspecified interface issues. way back at the start of the internet stuff like this was pretty common. Back then, TCP/IP from one vendor didnt often work with another vendor. This was the entire source of the tradeshow called "Interop". The centerpiece of the show when it started was the "show network" where a common network was provided and all the vendors hooked up to it. Then everyone got to see what issues they had talking to other players.

Despite really pretty good specifications, people still had problems with stuff like this. It was 3-4 years before most things you would buy that had an ethernet connection on it would talk to most other things with one.

I woudl think that the ubquity of a single implementation (the Leaf) would force a certain amount of commonality, but the industry is still very new...

That said, itd be cool if a future rev of the control box had a USB port or something so that you could upgrade the firmware in the JDEMO with a usb stick or something like that becuase this sort of thing will keep happening as newer chargers "appear" on the scene. (ethernet & IP implementations probably took 10 years to settle down completely. this is a simpler protocol i assume, so hopefully it wont be that long.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 am 

n3ckf wrote:
That said, itd be cool if a fuure rev of the control box had a USB port or something so that you could upgrade the firmware in the JDEMO with a usb stick or something like that becuase this sort of thing will keep happening as newer chargers "appear" on the scene. (ethernet & IP implementations probably took 10 years to settle down completely. this is a simpler protocol i assume, so hopefully it wont be that long.

We will likely provide an easier update method.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:21 am 

oh and i got to try it out for myself today. almost 2 miles of charge added per minute is way cool :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:56 am 

n3ckf wrote:
oh and i got to try it out for myself today. almost 2 miles of charge added per minute is way cool :-)

That part is fun!

Here are Supplemental Procedures to aid any Toyota dealer who may need to remove JdeMO while repairing the cabin heater:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t32jg2u7w3d9 ... l.pdf?dl=0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:04 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AAeyyLTx5 ... e=youtu.be

How to use the Yazaki first generation plug.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:21 pm 

[quote="TonyWilliams"]Here are Supplemental Procedures to aid any Toyota dealer who may need to remove JdeMO while repairing the cabin heater:[/quote]

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:09 am 

Nissan says that there are over 1700 CHAdeMO stations in the USA, up about 400 from the last report.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:58 am 

NRG has been adding quite a few sites on the east coast. That is certainly contributing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:54 am 

Looks like we will have another kind of station to test with soon.
I don't know the story with this site, but the Delta Electronics USA Headquarters is a couple blocks away.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/75959

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:10 pm 

[quote="miimura"]Looks like we will have another kind of station to test with soon.
I don't know the story with this site, but the Delta Electronics USA Headquarters is a couple blocks away.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/75959[/quote]Looks like a re branded Eaton. Same as the original Mitsu HQ. No issues, just slow as they are only 20 or 25kw. Haven't been there in awhile.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/3151

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 87  Next