Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... Can anyone recommend a local Toyota dealer (that isnt Stevenson) and salesperson in the Denver area that will want to take my money in exchange for an extended warranty?

For some reason this is another one of those cases where I am finding it difficult to give someone a quick and easy sale. Its like my money is no good or something...

In other words I have a wad of cash, but I dont want this wad of cash as much as I want a Toyota extended warranty. I imagine that somewhere around Denver, somebody is in the opposite situation, and can provide me with the product I need.

This question was asked earlier by another poster but never answered.

Has any ever tried to upgrade their extended warranty?

I am 3 years into my 6 year warranty and would like to upgrade to an 8 year warranty. Do I pay the full price of the 8 year or only the difference between an 8 and a 6 year?

I talked to Toyota and they told me, you would have to cancel your 6 year and buy an new 8 year. The extended warranty runs concurrently with your 3 year Toyota warranty, so, you would only get half your money back for the 6 year warranty. It doesn't pay to get the extended warranty until the manufacturers warranty to ready to expire.

pchilds said:
It doesn't pay to get the extended warranty until the manufacturers warranty to ready to expire.
There should be an asterisk * by that statement.
Definitely need to buy the extended warranty before the mfr's expires - Totally Agree.

BUT, I predict that the cost of the warranties may very well go UP in the next few years as Toyota tries to cull the field and get them out of circulation. As expensive Tesla parts continue to flow out to us, they may well decide that they need to drastically jack up the price. Since it runs concurrently anyway, there is no DISADVANTAGE to buying now at all. Same end date, same mileage limit, etc.

In addition, there ARE some nice extra benefits of the Platinum warranties that are not offered with the standard one. Lodging, food, if breaks down away from home is one. There are others.

I bought mine with that in mind. Still have 8 months / 9k miles before the original will expire, but wanted the P.O.M of knowing I have it and they can't take it away or jack up the price.

Wow... best price I can find so far is $1750 for the 0 deductable 8/100k... not even sure if taxes are included, probably not.
Typical BS of Toyota dealers around here... which is why I dont buy cars in state.

Seriously, is there an out of state dealer that will sell me a warranty for a fair price, or am I stuck with a Colorado dealer now?

Spiffster:
Did you call Jason at Toyota of Kirkland (WA)? He was offering really great deals in December, and might be flexible now too. I'm talking $1450-$1500 range for an 8yr/125k/$0 warranty. Ask for Jason in the finance department and let him know you heard about it from the forum and one of his local customers..... (it wasn't me, though).

I bought mine for about the same price from Greenwood Toyota in Massachusettes but you need to have a local mailing address in that state.

I went through Jason, and got 8/100 - $0 deductible platinum for $1418.
He was very responsive, and and the transaction was brainless, and I did it all over e-mail.
These were the prices for 8 years, and I would definitely recommend him ..
Cheers ..

8/100= $1195+100+tax = $1418
8/125= $1555+100+tax = $1812

Jason Robinett | Finance Manager, Toyota of Kirkland
P: (425) 952-4914
F: (425) 897-4077
[email protected]

I'll hve to give him a call -

I tried three local Toyota dealers, and Toby, who was the previous good deal, and none have answered the phone -

And I want to buy 2 - sheesh -

Tadol said:
I'll hve to give him a call -

I tried three local Toyota dealers, and Toby, who was the previous good deal, and none have answered the phone -

And I want to buy 2 - sheesh -

Toby's out of state sales were shut down last year by Toyota, so that should explain his lack of response. I was fortunate to have dealt with him last summer, prior to the crack-down. Good luck on your quest.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1124&p=21927

Can someone explain this to me.. When you purchase an extended warranty after 2 years of owning the RAV4 ...does the extended warranty gets BACK dated to when you purchased the car (2013) even though I bought the warranty at 2015? In other words, no matter when you purchase the extended warranty the starting date and mileage begin from the date when the vehicle was first titled?

sliu805 said:
Can someone explain this to me.. When you purchase an extended warranty after 2 years of owning the RAV4 ...does the extended warranty gets BACK dated to when you purchased the car (2013) even though I bought the warranty at 2015? In other words, no matter when you purchase the extended warranty the starting date and mileage begin from the date when the vehicle was first titled?

Yup! .....

rayray said:
sliu805 said:

Yup! .....

This does not make sense! Why would anyone wait till the original warranty expire and then purchase the extended warranty? Am I missing something?

sliu805 said:
rayray said:
sliu805 said:

Yup! .....

This does not make sense! Why would anyone wait till the original warranty expire and then purchase the extended warranty? Am I missing something?
The extended warranty doesn't do anything until some of the warranties expire. You have to buy it before ANY expire, hence the 3yr/36kmi requirement. They are selling coverage for the total vehicle age and mileage.

To me, the scammy part is the prorated refund. If the car is totaled or sold or the policy is otherwise cancelled, you can get a prorated refund. However, it is based on the in-service date. So, if you buy a 8 year (96 month) policy at 35 months and the car is totaled at 40 months, you get only a 58% (56/96) refund.

miimura said:
sliu805 said:
rayray said:
Yup! .....

The extended warranty doesn't do anything until some of the warranties expire. You have to buy it before ANY expire, hence the 3yr/36kmi requirement. They are selling coverage for the total vehicle age and mileage.

To me, the scammy part is the prorated refund. If the car is totaled or sold or the policy is otherwise cancelled, you can get a prorated refund. However, it is based on the in-service date. So, if you buy a 8 year (96 month) policy at 35 months and the car is totaled at 40 months, you get only a 58% (56/96) refund.

It's probably the highest profit margin part of the entire vehicle.

TonyWilliams said:
It's probably the highest profit margin part of the entire vehicle.
Well, it's like insurance, so it's all profit until someone makes a claim. Then it's all statistics whether they come out ahead or not. I think if a significant number of RAV4 EV owners buy the Platinum warranty, Toyota will come out behind in the end. In other words, Toyota Financial will pay out more than they collected. However, dealers will have made a nice profit along the way.

Was wondering if anyone knows who I would call to cancel my Platinum Warranty? My 2013 Rav4 EV is being written off by the insurance company and I wanted to get my pro-rated refund on the Platinum Warranty.

banshee08 said:
Was wondering if anyone knows who I would call to cancel my Platinum Warranty? My 2013 Rav4 EV is being written off by the insurance company and I wanted to get my pro-rated refund on the Platinum Warranty.
The Platinum warranty is handled by Toyota Financial Services. According to the web page below, their number is 800-228-8559

https://www.toyotafinancial.com/pub/w/#planning_center/vehicle_protection_plans/vehicle_service_agreements

I finally managed to get an extended warranty through Stapp Interstate Toyota. 8 year 100k, zero deductible (Platinum) for $1445. It certainly wasnt the lowest price I have seen in this thread, but it was fair, especially considering the quotes I got from other local dealerships. Stapp was 100 miles round trip from where I live, and Im sure I could have had a closer dealership match the price, but for me it was the principal of the matter. Local dealerships were trying to fleece me, one even claiming that $1750 was "close to cost", another quoting me at $1850, and several didnt even call me back.

8yr 100k still has me befuddled. We already get 5yr 60k so you are really paying for 3yr 40k mile extension.

Anyway still a few more years for me to decide.....

smkettner said:
8yr 100k still has me befuddled. We already get 5yr 60k so you are really paying for 3yr 40k mile extension.

Anyway still a few more years for me to decide.....
Things like the cabin heater are out of warranty at 3/36, so those are covered for much longer on the extension.

Back