Rav4 EV for sale, POST HERE ONLY

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car comes with 3 years 36,000 miles so the new buyer still has 12000 miles. What more does anyone need? Why would you want an extended warranty???? That is a good price. I just turned my car in to Toyota for a new Highlander Hybrid. I was going to sell it. I owed $27,000 and it had 18100 miles. I thought I should be able to get close to $30,000 but then decided to just skip the trouble of carrying two cars and no place to garage it. My dealer said they would just wholesale it out, that it was not worth their trying to sell it. Go figure. Mine was in excellent condition. I was not sure I was believing what they told me but your price of $26900 confirms what they told me. That was a fun car to drive and I do miss it. The Highlander can go further more easily but does not have the sport's car like feel that the Rav4EV has. The steering is boat like on the Highlander. Oh well
Manny

drmanny3 said:
The car comes with 3 years 36,000 miles so the new buyer still has 12000 miles. What more does anyone need? Why would you want an extended warranty????
The ad spends a paragraph pitching the fact that the lease is unlimited miles and you can rack up however many you want. 12,000 miles in 2 years is an absolutely tiny amount unless maybe if you're retired or something. I put 24,000 miles on my RAV4 EV in one year.

Plus these cars are not as reliable as, say, a Nissan LEAF and would be very expensive to fix out of pocket.

drmanny3 said:
The car comes with 3 years 36,000 miles so the new buyer still has 12000 miles. What more does anyone need? Why would you want an extended warranty???? That is a good price. I just turned my car in to Toyota for a new Highlander Hybrid. I was going to sell it. I owed $27,000 and it had 18100 miles. I thought I should be able to get close to $30,000 but then decided to just skip the trouble of carrying two cars and no place to garage it. My dealer said they would just wholesale it out, that it was not worth their trying to sell it. Go figure. Mine was in excellent condition. I was not sure I was believing what they told me but your price of $26900 confirms what they told me. That was a fun car to drive and I do miss it. The Highlander can go further more easily but does not have the sport's car like feel that the Rav4EV has. The steering is boat like on the Highlander. Oh well
Manny

[Moderator Edit: delete comments] There are now actual 100 mile EVs on the market, and more are coming soon. The right price is where a willing buyer and seller meet, the rest is ... well free advice.

There are quite a number of these on the market in the low - mid - high 20's, and even some optimistic want-to-sellers in the 30's.

Value seems to keep dropping. As much as we wish RAV-EV would hold value it is sliding down right on schedule. No reason to feel bad about taking what the dealer gave.
I just hope the value stays above residual so I can more easily justify keeping the car. Where will the value be in 15 more months?

[Moderator Edit: delete comments] I really enjoyed the Rav4EV. We just needed a car that could travel longer distances without requiring a charge. To make it work I would have needed to add the fast charger system that Tony is offering. When we move back to Santa Barbara my wife will need to drive over 150 miles each way with our big dog in visiting her parents. We will keep the Kia Soul EV because it is an easy car to drive around Santa Barbara. Even though it has a fast charger we will keep it local. I just don't want her to have to deal with stopping for a charge with the dog in tow. So for us it was timing. The Rav4EV is a great car. While there have been some issues they have all been taken care of by Toyota. I am surprised at the price drop, as there is really no other car of that size out there that is affordable and all electric. The Mercedes has a much shorter distance. Our residual was $20,400. The Highlander Hybrid is costing me $545 per month and has a residual of $32,400. Both cars listed at pretty much the same MSRP. The Rav4EV was benefited by something like $17500 in rebates and discounts, while the Highlander was perhaps $3000 below MSRP. If we were not moving then I would have kept the Rav4EV without hesitation.
Manny

DevinL said:
drmanny3 said:
The car comes with 3 years 36,000 miles so the new buyer still has 12000 miles. What more does anyone need? Why would you want an extended warranty????
The ad spends a paragraph pitching the fact that the lease is unlimited miles and you can rack up however many you want. 12,000 miles in 2 years is an absolutely tiny amount unless maybe if you're retired or something. I put 24,000 miles on my RAV4 EV in one year.

Plus these cars are not as reliable as, say, a Nissan LEAF and would be very expensive to fix out of pocket.
The RAV has a 5-year/60K powertrain warranty and the battery is covered by an 8-year/100,000-mile warranty. The dealer I interacted with has specifically discouraged the lessee from purchasing an extended warranty at the time of contract signing. If the powertrain warranty was not enough, Todd Crook has recently recommended Calvin Mann at Puente Hills Toyota & Scion (626-923-6511 or cmann at puentehillstoyota.com). He set him up with a 7 year/125K Platinum Zero Deductible Factory Toyota extended warranty for $1,200. If that was too much, Jerry Johnson with Midwest Toyota (620-664-8844 or jerryj at midwestsuperstore.com) had a 3 year/80K Platinum Zero Deductible Warranty for $399. I would also add that I do not condone an antagonistic and hostile tone on this forum. There is absolutely no basis for it, and is out of place here.

I have every intention of buying an extended warranty when I get close to 36k. I am assuming the car will be worth more than the residual (although I'll rethink if it doesn't look like it will be) so whether I keep it or sell it when the lease is up, the warranty should be a good value.

2016 should bring some interesting EV announcements that are sure to drop the value of a used RAV. MY lease ends in Sept of next year and i doubt it will be worth the 20K residual pus taxes to buy it. Unfortunately I thing I need until about 2017 to get a decent EV in hand so I may be back to an ICE for a while.

Sadly letting go of my two 2012 RAV4 EVs. :(

Your choice White or Blue. For forum members, I will include the extended warranties for the same price. I would rather they go to enthusiasts.

Both are in San Diego right now, but I can assist you in shipping anywhere.

Blue: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5390664639.html
Free Carfax report: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=82DFBDA2D8E3ED3508A27558D0B9F90E

White: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5390667892.html
Free Carfax report: http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=82DFBDA2D8E3ED35990ED643A6F93BF5

Reeler:

Your ads state that Toyota no longer offers extended warranties on these cars. That is not true. I just got one for my used 2013, and a friend here just got one for his out-of-warranty 2012. If it's out of original warranty, you can't get one under the "New" category which only refers to cars still under warranty. If it's out of warranty, the category is "Used", and the car needs to have a vehicle inspection before they'll issue a Toyota Premium Extended warranty. Costs a bit more and term is a bit shorter.. but very much available! Any Toyota dealer in American can sell the extended warranty. Finding one to give you a good deal on it is the challenge, but that's been addressed in another thread.

Furthermore the "new" Platinum VSPs are very much still available depending on one's mileage and in-service date. My 2012's in-service date was February 2013. Therefore I'm getting the extended warranty this month before the 36 months is up.

We're looking for someone to take over our lease. We love the car but we simply don't need it anymore since we work from home now. It's a 2014 RAV4 EV with 8,300 miles. Excellent condition. Silver. Unlimited mileage lease until 9/26/2017.
The monthly payment is $517 but we're open to providing a cash incentive to lower the cost a bit. Located in San Francisco Bay Area.

2013 Shoreline Blue Pearl Rav4 EV for sale in Las Vegas, NV. Excellent condition, recently detailed, accident free, and never smoked in. Has 28,100 miles, and is under full factory warranty until August, 2016. Rubber floor mats and carpeted floor mats included in the sale. Asking $26,800. Additional information and pictures available on Cars.com.

--Sold--

Selling a white 2013 Rav 4 EV in very good condition. It has just over 33,600 miles. One owner. This car comes with mud flaps and wheel locks and is still eligible for the extended warranty purchase. The traction motor assembly and the heating system components were both recently replaced. It has been serviced every 5,000 miles. This is a great car. I am only selling because I also own a blue one and do not need both. Asking $25,000. Please reply to post for more information.

I am located near Los Angeles, CA.

Reeler,

I am looking for a RAV4 and trying to get a handle on pricing since is seems to be changing. Mind posting what yours sold for?

Thanks,

Todd

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5486702079.html

For sale/transfer of lease of our 2014 Rav4 EV that has been garaged since we took delivery in July of 2014 (manufactured just a couple months before purchase). Details are below:

2014 Toyota Rav4 EV
Color: Silver
Mileage: 23,xxx
Tesla Motor and Drivetrain
100% Electric (no gas, no oil changes)
103 mile range on standard charge / 140+ on extended charge

ToyotaCare valid till 25k miles or 2 years (6/2016)
Bumper to Bumper Warranty Valid until 6/2017 or 36k miles, whichever comes first

Option 1 - Purchase:
$27,000 asking price (Just below kbb trade in value)

Option 2 - Lease takeover (lease ends 6/2017):
$2,000 down payment
Unlimited Mileage Lease for $436/mo + tax ($475.76 in Orinda)

-Please No Lowball offers or offers to sell on my behalf
-Will NOT ship the vehicle, local buyers only
-Please leave a contact number for me to reach you at.

More details:
This is the best electric SUV you can buy for less than six figures. Qualifies for car pool lane (HOV) access with one person in car to speed your solo commute.

Toyota only produced 2,600 of these rare vehicles (from 2012-2014). There were no options or changes so all are the same except for color scheme and aftermarket accessories.

The RAV4 EV has up to 140 miles range in perfect conditions and 100 miles under normal conditions. Toyota makes the car, but Tesla makes the drive train. It is the fastest car I have ever owned with the same motor as a Tesla Model S. This is the cheapest Tesla drivetrain that you can buy!

-Fully loaded with all possible factory options
-6 Airbags
-Traction control and ABS
-Heated seats
-Dual-Zone Climate Control
-Power windows/locks
-Auto dimming rear view mirror with HomeLink Garage Door Opener integrated
-Smart Key System w/ Push Button Start
-High-end Nav unit w/ HD and satellite radio
-Bluetooth Hands-free Calling and Music Streaming
-Safety Connect Subscription available (Toyota's OnStar equivalent)
-Entune phone app that allows pre-warming, checking charge, and car finder
-LED Headlights and Daytime Running Lights
-Power Folding Mirrors
-60/40 2nd Row Seats
-Includes a charging cable to trickle charge from home at 110V

The technology package on this car is "Lexus grade" with HD radio, traffic updates, Toyota's onstar-like service called SafetyConnect that you can activate if you like. Safety Connect enables an App that can turn on the heat/air remotely, find your car and check on your charging.

Please contact me directly on this forum or through craigslist if interested. Thank you!

Back