Will you tradein your RAV4 for a TESLA ≡?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bornstein

We will be permitted to place a deposit for a Model ≡ at the end of this month.

Rumors abound about how it will be configured. Will the Supercharger network be included or will it be extra? Will this feature or that feature be included? So far, TESLA has been as solid as a bank vault. No Leaks.

Many of us are early adopters of new technology, and the Model ≡ seems like the ideal replacement for the RAV4.

Will you be placing a deposit on March 31st or will you wait?

Will it replace the RAV4 or some other car?

Will you wait for anticipated delivery of late 2017 (which probably means late 2018) or will you BOLT?

I will be placing a deposit on a 3, but I have no intention of selling or trading in my RAV4 EV. There is nothing out there, or even on the horizon to compare with the versatility and flexibility of our RAV4s.

The BIG question for me is what will Tesla offer as "standard" and how much will other things that I want cost such as:

1) SuperCharger access (I'd probably spring $1k more, but....)
2) 4WD or AWD. Will that even be an option? IF they offer it, I can dump our old Subaru Legacy Outback. We like that for the mountains in winter!
3) Extended range battery. The promise is 200 miles, but will they offer an even larger battery pack?
4) Autonomous driving features/package

What are some of the features YOU really want in a Model 3?

Sorry, but I don't see a RAV4 replacement in a what I believe to be a car, sized at the BMW 3-Series / Audi A4 dimensions.

I need a utility / SUV type car, and will be keeping the RAV4. I wouldn't replace it with a BMW 3-Series (of which I've owned in the past) or a Tesla Model 3.

I will put a deposit on one or two Tesla Model 3's, however.

The RAV4 EV, with JdeMO, in an area like the west coast of the USA, meets my needs for an SUV. What I would like is:

1) all wheel drive
2) bigger battery

If Tesla Model Y is an SUV version of Model 3, at a normal price, I would trade the RAV4 for that. That assumes points one and two above.

Any future Tesla will come with Supercharger, whether "free" or extra cost. I would absolutely pay for it.

Michael Bornstein said:
We will be permitted to place a deposit for a Model ≡ at the end of this month.

Rumors abound about how it will be configured. Will the Supercharger network be included or will it be extra? Will this feature or that feature be included? So far, TESLA has been as solid as a bank vault. No Leaks.

I do know a few things about the car, some I can mention in very general terms. Many of the things on the E were better than the S and the car was getting nicer than the S so they had to reserve those improvements for future S models to not dilute the S. Expect early order order models to be expensive and only available highly loaded. Later lower priced models will be option based but you will be able to get all the big S options on the E. Could be a very long wait to get an affordable E model so I expect many RAV lease purchases.

How about Toyota buying all the surplus 60 KW batteries from Tesla and putting them in the new RAV 4? That would be one heck of a SUV. One can dream.

Like Tony said above, I will probably keep the RAV until the Model Y crossover utility is out around 2019-2020. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't get a Model 3 in the meantime. We will have to get something because we will turn in the e-Golf in April 2018.

Back