Rav4 EV for sale, POST HERE ONLY

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rlpm said:
For Sale: 2014 RAV4EV, blue, 15K miles, $30K obo
Original cloth & WeatherTech floor mats (incl. cargo area)
We are the 2nd owner, purchased in Jan 2015 in SF Bay Area, currently in Albuquerque, NM
Please PM me for more info.

Why selling? It's a bit unusual for out-of-state owners to sell.

Selling a white 2013 Rav 4 EV in very good condition. 34,000 miles. One owner. This car comes with mud flaps and wheel locks and is still eligible for the extended warranty purchase. The traction motor assembly and the heating system components were both recently replaced. It has also had its regular service every 5,000 miles. This is a great car. I am only selling because I bought a blue one and do not need both. Asking $25,000. Please contact me at (818)935-4766 for more information.

I am located near Los Angeles, CA

Looking for a 2014 White Rav4 Ev with low miles, less than 15k. If anyone knows of a vehicle please pm me.

Been watching Auto Trader and Cars.com. I am not in CA so those are the only sources I know of to search nationwide.

Have not seen anything in the price range I am looking which is below $25k. I know there are a number coming off lease soon and I think I would look at a 2013 if the price was right, as long as it is clean good condition and had low miles.

Funding is taken care of so I just need to find the right Rav4 EV.

I would be open to thoughts on anywhere else I might search.

I have a 2013 Silver with 50k miles and my lease is ending in Aug. I have extended warranty 7 years/125k miles. You can have the car for the cost of payoff + $1250 for what I paid for the warranty. I had the intention of keeping the car but moved to a Tesla.
Brand new tires. Only thing is from my reading, it looks like you may have to pay tax twice because of CA. Right now the payoff is 20k ish before taxes. (Residual is slightly under 20k).

As I understand it you can avoid paying tax twice.

Lessor pays off Toyota
New owner pays lessor, then goes to DMV to register car and pay tax...just needs to be within period to change registration, I think two weeks?

Paying off Toyota is not a taxable event, new registration triggers the tax

Or so I've been told...

michael said:
As I understand it you can avoid paying tax twice.

Lessor pays off Toyota
New owner pays lessor, then goes to DMV to register car and pay tax...just needs to be within period to change registration, I think two weeks?

Paying off Toyota is not a taxable event, new registration triggers the tax

Or so I've been told...

In CA you just need to pay tax once. Here's what you do:

1. Call TFS and ask them if they will send you the bill of sale and let you register the car and pay the taxes. Make sure they dont charge the sales tax.
2. Write up a bill of sale between your buyer, transferring all your interest in the vehicle to him.
3. Have the buyer pay off the lease loan balance.
4. When you get the title and bill of sale sign off on that bill of sale as if you're buying from TFS. Then fill out another bill of sale transferring from you to the buyer. Take those forms to the DMV within 10 days.

Source: dealerfraud.org

I've got a Rav4 EV for sale in southern california (or lease assumption - 11 month left - Unlimited Milage lease!!!). Here are all the details:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5541232848.html

Here are some photos and details
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5541232848.html

I have a 2014 Toyota Rav4 EV. I am looking for someone to take over the lease in the next couple months. There are 11 months left on the lease 499.22/month (with an option to continue the lease if you'd like).

**This is an unlimited milage lease (drive it as much as you want!)**

or

You can just buy the car. The buyout price is 24,990.55.

The car is in great condition. This car has a very fast direct drive transmission, bluetooth, navigation, heated seats, over 100 miles of range per charge.

Options this car has:
Single-Speed Fixed Gear
Traction Control
Stability Control
ABS (4-Wheel)
Keyless Entry
Keyless Start
Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
SiriusXM Satellite
Navigation System
Bluetooth Wireless
Backup Camera
Dual Air Bags
Side Air Bags
F&R Head Curtain Air Bags
Heated Seats
Privacy Glass
Daytime Running Lights
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels
Blue Exterior Color

There appears to be a Silver 2013 RAV4 EV for sale here in San Luis Obispo at McCarthy Wholesale a used auto dealer. It has roughly 18K miles on it according to the person I spoke with. It looks like it was purchased from Toyota Santa Maria. It's being sold on consignment.

fusiondynamics said:
I have a 2013 Silver with 50k miles and my lease is ending in Aug. I have extended warranty 8 years/125k miles. You can have the car for the cost of payoff + $1250 for what I paid for the warranty. I had the intention of keeping the car but moved to a Tesla.
Brand new tires. Only thing is from my reading, it looks like you may have to pay tax twice because of CA. Right now the payoff is 20k ish before taxes. (Residual is slightly under 20k).

I'm not sure if you do a lease take-over and buy out the car at the end of the lease if that will avoid paying tax twice. You would have to find out.

Where are you located?

GIN said:
Selling a white 2013 Rav 4 EV in very good condition. 34,000 miles. One owner. This car comes with mud flaps and wheel locks and is still eligible for the extended warranty purchase. The traction motor assembly and the heating system components were both recently replaced. It has also had its regular service every 5,000 miles. This is a great car. I am only selling because I bought a blue one and do not need both. Asking $25,000. Please contact me at (818)935-4766 for more information.

I am located near Los Angeles, CA

How much is it to add the extended warranty? How long would that be good for?

Hello from Simi Valley!

My lease is up on my 2013 White Rav 4 EV (39,000 miles) and I'm curious if anyone wants to buy it. I'm leaning towards returning it at lease end and getting something new.

It has had all the typical problems and has had all the repairs completed including a brand new charger replacement. I've used it as an SUV for a family of 5, so its not show room quality. In fact it has a number of dings. If anyone is interested I'll post all the blows by blows. This is a reason I am interested in selling. Rather than pay the dealer or a autobody shop to fix all these dings and the extra mileage, I'd rather just pass the savings on to you if you can live with some 'character.'

Not sure what else may be important since these cars are all the same. I've used a Leviton 40amp evse from day 1 and it typically shows 115 on the guess-o-meter, but I drive through mountains and valleys each day and dont really try to get very efficient. My commute is all freeway about 100 miles each day from Simi to Ventura or Glendale.

Let me know if you have an interest,

Matt

mhkp said:
Hello from Simi Valley!

My lease is up on my 2013 White Rav 4 EV (39,000 miles) and I'm curious if anyone wants to buy it. I'm leaning towards returning it at lease end and getting something new.

It has had all the typical problems and has had all the repairs completed including...

Matt,

What is the residual? Since you didn't leave a price, I suspect that the residual plus $XX dollars is the best way to negotiate.

Hi Tony.

Lease Vehicle Purchase Amount

$21,568.38
Valid through 06/20/2016
This amount does not include tax, title, licensing, or any other potential fees owed in connection with the purchase of your vehicle

I have never purchased a vehicle after a lease so I'm not sure what other fees they include or taxes.

Matt

mhkp said:
Hello from Simi Valley!

It has had all the typical problems and has had all the repairs completed including a brand new charger replacement. I've used it as an SUV for a family of 5, so its not show room quality. In fact it has a number of dings. If anyone is interested I'll post all the blows by blows. This is a reason I am interested in selling. Rather than pay the dealer or a autobody shop to fix all these dings and the extra mileage, I'd rather just pass the savings on to you if you can live with some 'character.'

Not sure what else may be important since these cars are all the same. I've used a Leviton 40amp evse from day 1 and it typically shows 115 on the guess-o-meter, but I drive through mountains and valleys each day and dont really try to get very efficient. My commute is all freeway about 100 miles each day from Simi to Ventura or Glendale.

Matt

Is there any way to get an extended warranty on this? Any idea of the cost? TIA

Charge said:
mhkp said:
Hello from Simi Valley!

Matt

Is there any way to get an extended warranty on this? Any idea of the cost? TIA

Extended warranty has to be purchased before the initial factory warranty expires. I think before 35k miles / 3 years. After that, there are different types of warranties but are not as good and more expensive.

Question on extended warranty. I'm looking at a 2012 with 27k miles from a toyota dealer. It's going for $21k. It's out of factory warranty and I thought you are unable to purchase a warranty after the bumper to bumper expired? I spoke with the finance person and they said they are able to offer an Extra Care Platinum warranty for $2500 for an additional 5yr and 60k miles of coverage. Thoughts?

Phatcat73 said:
Question on extended warranty. I'm looking at a 2012 with 27k miles from a toyota dealer. It's going for $21k. It's out of factory warranty and I thought you are unable to purchase a warranty after the bumper to bumper expired? I spoke with the finance person and they said they are able to offer an Extra Care Platinum warranty for $2500 for an additional 5yr and 60k miles of coverage. Thoughts?

All the cars are identical, with the simple exception of color. So, there's no loss in value to you to have a 2012 over a 2014, for instance. But, that's not how cars are valued on the open market; an older 2012 will almost always be cheaper than a 2014.

So, my advice would be to buy the cheaper car if you're planning to keep it for a long time. I would get the warranty, too, but maybe not for $2500. Tell the dealer that you will shop that warranty if they can't get the price down.

Back