How flat is the storage with out the rear seats in the rav?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Hi Guys,

Would anyone happen to know how flat the rear cargo area of the rav4 ev is with out the rear seats? Is there a hump that would get in the way of it all being completely flat? I don't own a rav4 ev but I did test drive one a few months ago they are a little rare. I don't quite recall the rear area very well. Would anyone have any pictures? Other than the ones online.. I can't tell if there is anything that will get in the way if the rear seats are removed.

I don't quite understand your question. The cargo area is perfectly flat until you reach the rear seats. If you fold them down, then there's a little hump where the folded down seat starts and the seats themselves don't go perfectly flat, they angle up. They not removable in any reasonable sense.

If you remove the rear seats does it create a drop in the flat surface? I had an express van and the seats got in the way until you removed them to create a flat area like a minivan It was a passenger van (Think college van)

If this creates a sudden drop then what is under the rear seat area?

The rear seats in the RAV4 EV slide forward on a track and the seatbacks also recline. They are not intended to be removed. When folded down, the seatback is almost level with the raised rear load floor. There is a significant storage area under the load floor. If you were to take out the rear seats, there would be a large drop, as you can see in the picture below.

RAV_Rear_Seats_Folded_r.jpg

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the amazing pictures and also the link above to the other forums

cargoarea242.jpg

The storage area drop looks less pronounce here. I think this is from the gas rav4 limited so would it be fair to say that when stripped the ev version will look the exact same? In the other picture here the drop looks quite pronounce and high....

cashcow said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the amazing pictures and also the link above to the other forums

cargoarea242.jpg

The storage area drop looks less pronounce here. I think this is from the gas rav4 limited so would it be fair to say that when stripped the ev version will look the exact same? In the other picture here the drop looks quite pronounce and high....

The bodies of the cars are the same (EV & Gas)
It is the plastic that is high
But there is that metal ridge
The batteries are totally mounted underneath the car, so nothing is different from the photo's from the other forum with our ev's

Back