Only extended charge option appears

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericsplaver

I recently ran both the traction and 12 volt battery completely down (don't ask.) After jumping the 12 volt I was able to get to the charging screen but only the "extended charge" option appeared. Now whenever I turn the car off only the "extended charge" option appears. Where did the normal charge option go? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Eric
2012 Rav4 EV in Pearl White

There's a "charge immediately" button that will appear when the RAV4 is powered off, but that only appears if the charge timer is set on the RAV4. I believe when the 12V power is lost and reconnected by default the RAV4 goes back to the "Charge Immediately on Plug-In" mode where it starts charging as soon as the plug is inserted. See the picture below.
2013-toyota-rav4-ev-charging-climate-setup.jpg

If the arrow/battery icon button in the upper right hand corner of the screen is pressed it will then show the charge timer and pre-climate screen menu. Hit the save button and they will be enabled (assuming they were setup before the battery was disconnected).

See also this thread for the screen that will a appear when the RAV4 is powered off and the charge timer is enabled. It shows the "charge immediately" button.
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=463

Thank you very much swogee. By going back to the menu and choosing EV I was able to get the screen you illustrated. Then following your directions worked like a charm!

Eric
2012 Pearl White RAV4

Back