Entunes problems

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dstjohn99 said:
Is Entune down AGAIN? I can't update my charge status or initiate a charge remotely this morning. I had to walk ALL THE WAY to my car to manually restart a failed / interrupted charge. It was almost 300 yards away!

It was working for me this AM around 8:30AM CT

I thought there might be another nationwide outage too, because my remote climate has been even less reliable than usual. But it still works eventually (i.e., on the second or third try), and charge status update seems to work more than that.

I just added SafetyConnect to my second RAV, and I asked the operator if he knew anything about the recent outage. He didn't even know there had been an outage!

It's been about a year since my last post on this topic, so I guess it's time for Entune to break again. Has anyone else been having problems? I can't get it to do anything active now (e.g., turning on pre-climate or forcing a charge/range update), but I can get a passive update when charging is complete. This is the same problem I had last year. Ugh!

Mine is still busted too. Do we know if anyone has complained to Toyota yet? I've been too busy at work to call it in, and now that the weather in Georgia is getting cooler, I don't need pre-climate as much.

This is good to see... that at least I'm not the only one... I have been trying to get temp control to work but hasn't worked in a few days.
The rest of the apps seem to work though. I can see charge level, I can see location.

Also, I just renewed the service and they reduced the price to $80 a year. Did anybody else get that info?

It stopped working for me about 2 weeks ago. seems to be an annual thing.

i finally got to talk to Thorn today. dealing with Toyota support is such a pain. Because they make it so difficult, i would factor the experience in my decision to buy another Toyota vehicle.

anyway, he had me do some diagnostics to see if my SafetyConnect works (it did). He did say he had other reports of the same issue.

based upon previous experiences, it should be fixed in about 3 days.

KurtManz said:
This is good to see... that at least I'm not the only one... I have been trying to get temp control to work but hasn't worked in a few days.
The rest of the apps seem to work though. I can see charge level, I can see location.

Also, I just renewed the service and they reduced the price to $80 a year. Did anybody else get that info?

The flyer I got in the mail said a 2 year Safety Connect subscription was going to be $250, but then only charged my card $160. Now the $80 a year makes sense. That's a BIG drop!

Hi eplantz,

How's that 3-day estimate working for you? My entune is still busted. The app continues to work in a "receive-only" mode, whereby the RAV will tell me when it's finished charging or where it is (GPS), but it won't accept any commands from the app like update charge status or activate pre-climate. It's starting to get cold now here in Georgia, so I'm starting to get pissed again too.

I'll contact Toyota/Thorn myself today if nobody here has an update to share.

Thanks,

Sorry..... 3-days was a guess from previous experience.

Thorn called me Tuesday (10/24) morning to tell me they were still working on it. He mumbled something about Sirius/XM also being involved. I KNOW he knows that SafetyConnect is the main connector but this is what he said.

Frankly, he sounded like they don't have a clue.

I think we all should demand an extension of our contract or some other recompense when this is finally fixed.

Toyota has the whole Entune backend outsourced to a network service provider. There is no institutional memory about how the system really works. There is some server or process somewhere that needs to be rebooted and they just don't have anyone on staff that remembers which one. So sad.

Thanks for all of these updates, as sad as they are. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I called in today, and since I had a case number from 2016 for exactly the same Entune issues they elevated the call to Tier 2 within minutes. Got a new case number for 2017 and the promise of a response from "a technician" within 24 hours. We'll see.

Highly recommend that you verify if your system is working.
1) Manually turn on the heat (or AC) while the car is on "Ready".
2) Power off car
3) Use Entune to activate climate control and
4) Use Entune to get the current status of the battery (Battery Mgmt). It should have the report from when the car was last turned off, but hit the refresh icon and see if it actually does refresh.

See what happens.

If it doesn't activate it, call 800-331-4331 and ask them to fix it! Tell them the problem is widespread and you want it elevated (and a case number.)

Thorn had me reset my Entunes account and drive the car and try a remote climate activation.

no good.

Thorn just called (Tues 10/31) and said he is pretty much working on this full-time due to the number of open tickets for this topic.

still feeling they have no clue.

The last 2 days, morning wake-up temperatures have been in the 30's here in Seattle. One of the main things I use Entunes for is to pre-heat the car (and battery) while it's still plugged in overnight. Since I often work from home, and my daily schedule varies so much I typically use Entune about 1/2 hour before my departure time. Its warms up the car and battery, turns itself off after 15 minutes and tops off with L2 (240v) until I leave. Works great... except for now.

I also use it for days like Monday. Drove 50 miles to my first appointment. Drove another 30 miles to L3 charger in Tumwater where I walked a block away for lunch at at a Thai Restaurant while the car charged. I've always used Entune to let check on the charging status and guide me for when I really should get back to the car. NO GO this time. Not the end of the world. I ate my lunch strolled back and car showed 93% charge state. On to my 2nd and 3rd appointments and then drove home.

Cool! Mine works now too. Did Thorn say WTF the problem was, so Toyota can fix it faster when (not if) it fails again next year?

By the way, thanks to all of you who officially complained about this problem and got it fixed. I just didn’t have the energy to go through all of that again after fighting for months to get my Drive Unit replaced on my 2012. I hated to let it go, but I didn’t want to drive it any more without a warranty. At least the new owner will have a quiet ride.

Now if I can just get my Tesla app to unlock the doors on my Model S, I’ll be a happy camper. Tesla support is still clueless after a month, so these kinds of problems are unfortunately not unique to orphaned compliance cars!

Back