Is my battery just losing range? Is driving range accurate? Is there anyway to fix this?
You can "fix it" every day, if you like:
1) MAKE SURE THE CAR IS OFF !!! Do not plug the car in.
2) Disconnect all 3 of the 12 volt battery negative cables, and leave it that way overnight. This will require a 12mm socket or wrench to remove the M8 hex nut. The cabin climate control will automatically go to OFF with battery disconnect.
***** Next day: ******
3) Reconnect 12 volt battery
4) Hold foot on brake and press START button with key fob nearby just once
5) Energy "fuel" gauge will show Full (16 illuminated segments) and "LO" on the GOM
6) Wait for navigation unit to complete its start up (about 20 seconds)
7) Press START with brake pedal depressed a second time. You will hear a clunk of the main battery contactors under the front passenger seat and the dash should indicate "READY".
Your Guess-O-Meter is reset.