Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 pm
Posts: 7
miimura wrote:
Did you get the booklet from Toyota Financial yet? If they actually issue the booklet, then you should be good because you have it in writing.


I haven't received the booklet yet. I paid about 6 days ago, so I'm guessing that I should receive it soon enough. Either that or notice of a refund.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 pm
Posts: 7
SINISTAR wrote:
miimura wrote:
Did you get the booklet from Toyota Financial yet? If they actually issue the booklet, then you should be good because you have it in writing.


I haven't received the booklet yet. I paid about 6 days ago, so I'm guessing that I should receive it soon enough. Either that or notice of a refund.


Still no booklet or refund yet.
Toyota is doing 2 of the recall services on the car this coming Monday.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 am
Posts: 8
Location: Kirkland, WA
SINISTAR wrote:
Still no booklet or refund yet.
Toyota is doing 2 of the recall services on the car this coming Monday.


Howdy - following up on this, how did you come out? Did you get to keep the warranty or did you need to go another way?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm
Posts: 199
miimura wrote:
If the vehicle was initially put into service more than 36 months ago, it will be cancelled by Toyota Financial and you will receive a refund.


So this means that any lease returns at the 3 year mark will never qualify for a platinum extended warranty since the car has been in service for 3 years during the lease thus bumper to bumper is up?

If true then you can only get an ext warranty platinum on cars that were bought out from the dealer instead of leased?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 1591
Location: Los Altos, CA
cashcow wrote:
miimura wrote:
If the vehicle was initially put into service more than 36 months ago, it will be cancelled by Toyota Financial and you will receive a refund.


So this means that any lease returns at the 3 year mark will never qualify for a platinum extended warranty since the car has been in service for 3 years during the lease thus bumper to bumper is up?

If true then you can only get an ext warranty platinum on cars that were bought out from the dealer instead of leased?

It is very unlikely that you will find a lease return car these days that still has any factory bumper to bumper warranty left. Therefore, your only choice is a Toyota Used Car Platinum Service Agreement. Not all dealers will sell this to you if you didn't buy the car from them. Some will. I would find a dealer to sell you the warranty before buying a RAV4 EV these days.

_________________
2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Shoreline, WA
Speaking of new RAV4 EV owners, we had 2 show up at NW SolarFest on Saturday in Shoreline, WA. One had bought just that morning, the other 1 week earlier. It was great to meet them both after connecting here on the forum and the Fb page.

_________________
2013 Pearl White RAV4 EV - Bought used w/4800 miles
2011 Ocean Blue LEAF - Leased & returned :(
Solar Industry - 12 years (solar on house since 1989)
JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:23 am
Posts: 22
Location: Seattle, WA
I'm one of the guys that got a rav4 EV recently.
I've been looking for an extended warranty (in the seattle area)

Toyota of Kirkland is offering me $2,225 for 5yr/60K + tax + inspection.
They are not offering the new car one since they say it's not within bumper-bumper anymore.

Toyota of Seattle said they only sell those at the time you buy the car... which is weird.

How much did people pay for recently for the warranty?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3861
Location: San Diego
There's a whole thread on warranty costs:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1124


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 1591
Location: Los Altos, CA
KurtManz wrote:
I'm one of the guys that got a rav4 EV recently.
I've been looking for an extended warranty (in the seattle area)

Toyota of Kirkland is offering me $2,225 for 5yr/60K + tax + inspection.
They are not offering the new car one since they say it's not within bumper-bumper anymore.

Toyota of Seattle said they only sell those at the time you buy the car... which is weird.

How much did people pay for recently for the warranty?

Most of the discussion in the thread linked by Tony is about the New Car warranty. I think Toyota Kirkland's price is fair. I would just get that because you will probably have to make a lot more phone calls to beat it - and you will have to go there for the inspection.

_________________
2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Rav4 EV owner!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 am
Posts: 8
Location: Kirkland, WA
Hey Kurt - thanks for digging in and getting some pricing from Toyota of Kirkland! Sorry I missed you at SolarFest - just did a quick check-in to meet Larry and thank him for all his guidance and then went back to trying to figure out Entune :O


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group