Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Toyota Representative for Rav4 EV - Thorn @ Toyota USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:50 am 

January 2017

Kevin Spillane won't be our intermediator between Toyota USA and the Toyota dealers in the future.

The new guy is Thorn:

Sothorn Kok "Thorn"
800-331-4331
option 3, then extension 73848
Fax 310-974-5652

email at: <CEC_ENVIRONMENTALVEHICLES@TOYOTA.COM>

Last edited by TonyWilliams on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kevin Spillane, Toyota Representative for Rav4 EV - gone
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 am 

Yes, Kevin responded to me when I wrote to thank him for helping me get the wiper recall done in the Seattle area. He sent me the new info and I'm pleased that they have someone new assigned to help us. I hope the new person will be as helpful as Kevin has been. (Maybe even more so???)

JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am 

Thanks for this. My new (to me) RAV4 EV has a couple open recalls. I'll try to give the new guy a call tomorrow and see if he can set something up with Seattle SoDo Toyota dealer to get the recall work completed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm 

Kevin,

Well, let me thank you for your hard work for the RAV4 EV community over the years.

That work was definitely a "value added" to the Toyota product and reflected well upon the company as a whole.

I'm not overstating anything to say that people bought this car (and continue to buy this car on the used car market) in no small part to your efforts. It's in Toyota's best interest that the vehicle be supported, particularly if they hope to continue to sell "green energy" vehicles in the future.

Your work, in particular, as a liaison between Toyota USA and the dealers performing warranty work is exceptional. Sadly, this is the area where Toyota continues to have an acute need for this very special vehicle.

For instance, I just learned today that a Toyota dealer in Washington state wanted to send one of their maintenance technicians (at the dealer's expense) to the official Toyota EV training, and they were told no by Toyota. Dealers continue to turn away RAV4 EV owners for recall items that are shared with the gasoline version of the car. Out-of-state owners continue to meet hostility at dealerships for basic maintenance, that the dealers will claim is at the very direction of Toyota.

Let me offer to help your company help us RAV4 EV owners. Can you facilitate a meeting with decision-makers in this department that I can speak with?

Kevin, again, your hard work is greatly appreciated, your work ethic is admired, your follow through exemplary, and Toyota should be very proud of the legacy that you left. You've left a lasting impression that will be hard for others to fill your shoes.

Thanks,

Tony Williams

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 am 

I called the 800 number posted above today and must have tried to enter the extension at the wrong time. Ended up getting someone in the recalls department which was fine because I'm trying to get scheduled in for the seatbelt and wiper recall. They entered my information and gave me a case #. Sounded like someone is going to give me a call tomorrow to talk about where to go for the recall work. Hopefully Toyota of Seattle can perform the work.

Post subject: Re: Toyota Representative for Rav4 EV - Thorn @ Toyota USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm 

Didn't end up needing Thorn's help. Toyota of Seattle took care of the seat belt and wiper recall work with no hassle. They have another RAV4 EV there that's waiting for a drive unit to show up. Sounds like they make use of a field tech that visits about once a month and he does the EV work. I'm coordinating with the shop foreman at Toyota of Seattle so I can go for a test drive with the field tech and have him listen to my drive unit whine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:19 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
January 2017

Kevin Spillane won't be our intermediator between Toyota USA and the Toyota dealers in the future.

The new guy is Thorn:

1-800-331-4331, press Option 3, then Extension 47530
<CECENVIRONMENTALVEHICLES@TOYOTA.COM>

I just tried sending an email to Thorn at this address. The email bounced back as an invalid destination address. I'll try the phone during business hours.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 pm 

ddoxey wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
January 2017

The new guy is Thorn:

1-800-331-4331, press Option 3, then Extension 47530
<CECENVIRONMENTALVEHICLES@TOYOTA.COM>

I just tried sending an email to Thorn at this address. The email bounced back as an invalid destination address. I'll try the phone during business hours.

I called the above number, option 3, extension 47530. The call was answered by a random representative. When I asked for Thorn, he said he has no idea who that is because Thorn is one among hundreds of potential customer service reps. He recommended that instead I should call 310.468.4000.

I called this number (and if memory serves well I chose option 4, then option 3) and I was speaking to a person who specializes in Service and Warranty issues. She knows Thorn, but she explained that he is not a designated Rav4 EV expert. But rather he tends to handle cases which are filed by residents in the Los Angeles area. She explained that if I were to open a case, that case would be assigned to whichever rep happened to be accepting cases in my region at that time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 pm 

Updated email, phone extension plus a Fax number:

Sothorn Kok "Thorn"
800-331-4331
option 3, then extension 73848
Fax 310-974-5652

Udated email at: <CEC_ENVIRONMENTALVEHICLES@TOYOTA.COM>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 pm 

Thorn certainly did right by me. He got my 2012's Drive Unit replaced - in Georgia - and followed up with a customer satisfaction phone call. I now retract any doubts I might have expressed about Toyota's warranty commitments. If they will spend $15k in parts and who knows how much on labor to fix an out of state car that they didn't even want to build in the first place, then I'm confident they will take care of normal cars too. Toyota is go!

• 2001 Cinnamon Cadillac DTS - With Night Vision!