Tonneau/Trunk Cover Problems

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDives

We're a new member to this happy Rav4 EV family. We've had the car a week and are getting used to all the ins and outs.

Where do you get a trunk cover? I realize that this seems like a silly question, but we've bought 3 off amazon (Precision Works, Tyger, and OEM Toyota) and none of them fit. They fit the part near the rear seats, but when you extend the cover, it's too narrow to lock into the portion near the door.

I can't believe that none of the covers fit. What are we missing?

ETA: 2014 Rav4 EV bought at DCH Torrance Toyota. Still under original factory warranty (although we also purchased the Platinum) at 27k miles.

EDives said:
We're a new member to this happy Rav4 EV family. We've had the car a week and are getting used to all the ins and outs.

Where do you get a trunk cover? I realize that this seems like a silly question, but we've bought 3 off amazon (Precision Works, Tyger, and OEM Toyota) and none of them fit. They fit the part near the rear seats, but when you extend the cover, it's too narrow to lock into the portion near the door.

I can't believe that none of the covers fit. What are we missing?

ETA: 2014 Rav4 EV bought at DCH Torrance Toyota. Still under original factory warranty (although we also purchased the Platinum) at 27k miles.
I also bought one on Amazon. The Amazon system seemed pretty convinced that it would fit my 2013 Rav4 EV.

But I think the Amazon system is unaware that the 2012 through 2014 EV is built on the Gen 3 Rav4. This confuses the system that believes any 2013+ Rav4 is a Gen 4. Not the case with the EV.

I decided to keep my money and I didn't try again. But if I were to try again, I'd order a cover for the 2012 Rav4.

I believe this is the right cargo cover: Toyota PT731-42090

https://www.oempartworld.com/oem-parts/toyota-cargo-cover-gray-pt73142090

Does anyone have specific experience with this part number?

edit: nevermind. It is the right one. http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=421

Just hide your stuff under the hatch where usually the spare tire goes. IMHO, that's safer place to put things since it's out of sight thus won't temp any criminals ... yes, I see the results of "smash and grab" break-in almost every month here in the SF bay area!!! Please secure your stuff (notice I don't use the word "valuables" since what might be "worthless" to you is often too late when the thief has already smashed your window to get at it!!!). And the window might even cost more than the item that they stole.

I just turned in my Rav4 EV and leased a Bolt. I have a Genuine Toyota Rav4 Trunk Cover for sale. I also have a full Size Rav4 steel wheel and spare tire, locking lug nuts, and the original gray Floor Mats with the RAV4 EV logo if anyone is interested. I believe wheel was a stock wheel from a 2012 gas powered Rav4. The floor mats were only used for a few months before I switched to black ones. I'm in Temecula.

Back