wheels/tires

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
More specifics on what you did?

Sure.
lowered on megan racing coilover kit; strut tower brace from, a couple of links in back
18x8.5 volk ce28n
235/50 pilot sports
back end gutted, seats removed, paneling off (still in progress)

correct. less weight to haul around. It is my dedicated commute car. one passenger at most and rarely.

i did targeted soundproofing to compensate for increased noise due to stripping, but did not like the heft that it added back and it was not as quiet as I want it.

so I am building a sound proof barrier between two front seats and back.

qatnip said:
correct. less weight to haul around. It is my dedicated commute car. one passenger at most and rarely.

i did targeted soundproofing to compensate for increased noise due to stripping, but did not like the heft that it added back and it was not as quiet as I want it.

so I am building a sound proof barrier between two front seats and back.

In my former life as a Prius driver, I changed out my wheels to the JDM G-Sport wheel. This was increase of 6 lbs per wheel which resulted in a 10 MPG drop in efficiency.

Did you happen to get the weight of the original Rav4 wheels?
Are your Volk wheels & tires less weight?
Was there a noticeable impact on your range?

I posted the weights a while ago in this thread the stock wheel and tire weights 45.6lbs.

I am looking into making a wheel swap too, again. So far the lightest wheels I have found are the Enkei RPF1's. I'm pretty sure I already posted this before too. You'd have to look back through the thread.

Oops it was a different thread.

Here it is

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=778&hilit=lightweight+wheels

Back