Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 12V Output Limit
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:17 am 

BatteryRav wrote:
Ampster wrote:
Yes, it is counter intuitive, but the DC to DC converter doesn't work when the car is charging. Kevin, the Toyota factory guy explained it to me that the 12v battery is only charged when the car is running, just like a gas model.

I disagree with the statement above. The 12V battery is supported during both ready-on and during charging of the main traction battery. If one measures voltage at the 12V aux battery they'll find about 14.4V during both ready-on and charging, but something around 12V when the car is off.

Well that wouldn't be the first time Kevin misinformed me. LOL. That is good news for those that put a trickle charger on their 12v battery when on vacation. Just to clarify, is it your understanding that if the car has finished charging but the J1772 plug is still in the car, the 12v battery will not be charged? Only when the onboard charger is running is the 12v battery charged.

3.8KWhr Solar Panels on roof of home.

Post subject: Re: 12V Output Limit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 am 

Power inverter DC 12v to AC 110v is most popular for users. When we have a short distance travel or have a camp outside, we may think about laptop and camera charge problem. This inverter will help us fix the trouble in safe way. 300w power inverter from bestek is the product I bought last year.