Buying a RAV4 EV in Seattle

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, http://www.oempartworld.com/

It's physically located at Heartland Toyota in Bremerton, so I made it a trip to pick up the parts in person. At the time, the Ferry ride (RT) was cheaper than delivery and I also wanted to take a Saturday jaunt across the water.

I'd have to do some digging for the exact part number I ordered for the mud flaps. But I'm also guessing that if you can search the forum you will discover the answer faster.

It was great meeting both you and Stephen.. the guy who had JUST bought his that very same morning (SAT). Having 4 at NW SolarFest was great, even if they weren't all parked in the Transportation Zone at once.

miimura said:
I can hit two of these - where to get parts and the cargo cover

Cargo cover at OEMpartWorld

Thank you miimura!

That is about the same price as amazon once shipping is included ~$110.

https://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Cover-Rav4-2006-Genuine/dp/B005I9AN0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1500918717&vehicle=2012-76-1032-141--9-6-5-21155--1-1-1887-287-1-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2012%3Atoyota%3Arav4&keywords=PT731-42090

On the Mud flaps, The amazon link I sent has original Toyota parts for ~ the same price as oempartworld.com. I ordered the Amazon ones and I'll see how they fit/look and share back.

Reporting back on my experience with the extended warranty.

I was able to get Toyota of Kirkland to sell me the used car warranty. 5/60k.
The price was 2550 + 120 of inspection.

I had to be persistent until I got to the finance manager and the service manager. The service manager explained the situation with service for these cars and the finance manager said she'd talk to Toyota directly to request an exception.

their initial position was that used car warranties are only available at the time of purchase directly from the dealers.

What I think is the whole story is that the Obrien group created their own warranty for all their dealerships. They created warranty plans that are cheaper and include wider coverage than the OEM ones and sell those instead since that means they don't have to share the premiums with the OEMs. That's better business for them and in most cases probably better value for the customer.

Given this their finance department will push you towards their own warranty and don't actually have much experience selling the Toyota one.

If anybody else goes this route read the contract carefully. They're not experienced in how to fill them and initially wrote mine with the expiration dates and miles based out of the original sale (2014 and 0 miles)

Next project! DashCam!

I found a couple of threads on this here
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1838&p=23209&hilit=dash+cam#p23209
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=928

Has anybody looked into this recently?
Any experiences on any particular dashcam or any additional tips on how to mount it?

I like the idea of mud flaps behind the rear wheels. I haven't looked into dashcam, but I did install a tow hitch and wire harness kit.

Got this hitch from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-44785-Custom-Fit-Receiver/dp/B01CKK388I?ref_=pe_527950_33920250

And I'm pretty sure I got this wire harness kit: https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56165-Custom-Wiring-Harness/dp/B00BD62X9Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1502079389&sr=1-2&keywords=rav4+trailer+wiring+harness

I have an 8X4 utility trailer that I've loaded down a few times and the Rav EV drives like it's not even back there. It's great!

The only service item done since buying it is the drive unit for whine noise (warranty). And I think I topped off the washer fluid once.

Sorry I missed the meetup at Shoreline CC. Had too many projects around the house needing attention this year.

asavage said:
TonyWilliams said:
Buy a jack, lug wrench and spare tire out of a Toyota Camry or 2013 and newer RAV4, or a Nissan Altima (2006 and newer). Take them with you on trips.

Later wheels for the earlier chassis?

The later cars come with a lug wrench... which ours doesn't. But, in reality, all RAV4s have a lug wrench, except RAV4 EV.

I'm sorry, what I was asking wasn't clear.

TonyWilliams said:
Buy a jack, lug wrench and spare tire out of a Toyota Camry or 2013 and newer RAV4, or a Nissan Altima (2006 and newer).

Spare tire from ???
I would have thought I'd want a wheel from a 2005-2012 RAV4 to use as a spare; that's why I'm asking about this.

asavage said:
I'm sorry, what I was asking wasn't clear.

TonyWilliams said:
Buy a jack, lug wrench and spare tire out of a Toyota Camry or 2013 and newer RAV4, or a Nissan Altima (2006 and newer).

Spare tire from ???
I would have thought I'd want a wheel from a 2005-2012 RAV4 to use as a spare; that's why I'm asking about this.

All the RAV4 spares will fit, 2006-2017.

dusting up an old topic.
Today I did finally get my booklet from the Toyota warranty. Took 1 month to get in.
I can confirm that as of early august 2017 Toyota of Kirkland was selling warranties for the rav4ev (5yr/60K, the "used car" one)

Dusting off an old thread... again...

I've been enjoying driving the rav4 (even through the winter!)
This morning I saw another one on the way to work! It's only the 2nd I've seen in the 'wild' not counting the ones in SolarFest (btw... is that happening again this year?)

And to celebrate I thought I'd share this little find:
http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/pdfs/PEVSummaryJune2017.pdf

How many rav4s are there in WA you may wonder?
As of June '17: 36!.. and 16 of those since june 16...

Which models?
As of June 8->2012s... 26->2013 and 2->2014.
I assume that since Paramount has been bringing more 2014s that number could have gone up another 20 or so since last june..

we may be getting close to 60 now :cool:

Paramount Motors NW has really brought a lot up of them up here. I'm happy with mine as a commuter and occasional dog-hauler. A am a bit surprised at the range reduction in winter (dark, wipers, and esp. heater), but it's well within my safety margin at all times: I usually arrive home with 20 showing on the GOM, plenty of margin for an errand if needed.

Welcome to the Seattle mini-club.

There is a Monroe, WA Automotive Research Event
Happening over the next couple of weeks for anyone who owns a post 2011 EV in Seattle. They are still looking for volunteers.

PM if you are interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleEvents/comments/80goum/monroe_wa_automotive_research_event_pays_150/

Monroe, WA Automotive Research Event - Pays $150 (self.SeattleEvents)

submitted 3 days ago by Jason-Michael

Hello,

I work with an Automotive Market Research Firm Q-Insights, we’re located in Sherman Oaks, CA and we’re hosting an automotive research event taking place from March 1st to March 8th in Monroe, WA with time-slots available throughout the day.

This research event will consist of a 90 minute one on one interview on the topic of cars and more specifically how to meet the tastes and expectations of WA residents. You will be compensated $150 right after your participation in appreciation for your time & feedback. We can schedule owners of any make & any model so long as it’s a 2012 or newer model.

If you would be interested in participating or would like any additional information, please give our scheduling department a call at (866) 566-5187. They will ask you a few questions in order to achieve the balanced sample we need and let you know of the available time-slots we have.

That doesn't sound like an EV-specific event; It actually doesn't sound like fun at all to me. Please report back on your experience, but I think I'll sit this one out.

KurtManz said:
Dusting off an old thread... again...

It's only the 2nd I've seen in the 'wild' not counting the ones in SolarFest (btw... is that happening again this year?)

YES, the EV Zone and Meetup will once again be an integral part of NW SolarFest in Shoreline WA on Saturday, July 28, 2018 from 10AM-5PM.

How much space we get depends primarily on PRE-event applications to "exhibit" our cars. Some years so few pre-registered that we only had a small area within the event, and others had to park around the periphery. I strongly encourage you to sign up (free) so they can get a car count and allocate adequate space! Wouldn't it be fun to have 10 or more of our RAVs?

Register for the event here: https://shorelinesolar.org/2018-transportation-zone-application/

I'll likely exhibit both my RAV4EV and my Tesla Model 3.

Larry_in_Seattle said:
YES, the EV Zone and Meetup will once again be an integral part of NW SolarFest in Shoreline WA on Saturday, July 28, 2018 from 10AM-5PM.
Unless I get scheduled out of town, count me in. I just pre-registered for the event.
Larry_in_Seattle said:
I'll likely exhibit both my RAV4EV and my Tesla Model 3.

Lucky you: I plunked down my $1k reservation deposit last July (before I bought my used RAV4 EV) and I want AWD, so the current Tesla fantasy is that I'll be able to lay hands on it . . . in December . . . not that that means much :(

Back