Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Traction Battery Coolant System Leak
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:48 pm 

I took my Rav4 EV in for its 40000 mile service including coolant replacement. After the usual discussion about how this is an EV, Kirkland, WA decided they could do it. They reported that they replaced the motor coolant but could not replace the Traction Battery coolant because there was a leak in that system. They did say they would work with Toyota Corporate to schedule an EV technician to fix the leak and I could drive it in the meantime.
The next day I heard a dragging sound from beneath the car. Turns out all the clips that hold the plastic "Air Dam", also known as a belly pan, were missing and it was dragging on the ground, held only by screws across the front. My shoestring worked nicely to tie it up.
After a call to service, they apologized and offered to fix it. I asked that they schedule the EV Technician with corporate and it can be all done at once.

That was 2 weeks ago. Yes, I also emailed Thorn. So far no response from anybody.

Has anybody had any luck reaching Thorn lately?

Post subject: Re: Traction Battery Coolant System Leak
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm 

Howdy - I haven't reached out to Thorn yet, but I know there are at least two of us (me and KurtManz) that would love to piggy back on a trip from a the corporate EV guy to Kirkland. Diagnosis and some reprogramming for the both of us - easy stuff. Any chance you could respond to this thread when there's a time set up so we can see if we can leverage the guy's time? Or does it make more sense for more of us to reach out to Thorn to encourage a visit?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm 

I would happily include you guys in any info I get.
But at this point I cannot seem to get any response so maybe if enough of us try to contact Thorn, somebody will get a response.
Please reach out to Thorn and Toyota's EV service.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:42 pm 

I tried reaching out over email but have gotten no response. I have a phone number I can pm you if you want to give that a try.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 am 

Thorn has been relocated to Texas (from the former Toyota USA headquarters in Torrance, California).

I called a few weeks ago, and specifically asked for him. I did get the guy sitting right next to him.

It seems Toyota has given up on having a singular point person for our car.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:58 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
Thorn has been relocated to Texas (from the former Toyota USA headquarters in Torrance, California).

I called a few weeks ago, and specifically asked for him. I did get the guy sitting right next to him.

Interesting. I called Toyota USA on Saturday Aug 5 to ask why they are denying a warranty claim on my charger, and the call center person told me that Thorn would call me about it on Monday. I now give that an even lower chance of happening.

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:25 pm 

tgreene wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:

Interesting. I called Toyota USA on Saturday Aug 5 to ask why they are denying a warranty claim on my charger, and the call center person told me that Thorn would call me about it on Monday. I now give that an even lower chance of happening.

When I called, trying to get ahold of Thorn, they didn't know who I was talking about. After being transferred to another department, I had a long conversation with an agent who explained that case handlers are assigned by region, and that Thorn would not be the person to handle a case in Southern California.

Well, that's what I was told. But it wouldn't be the first time someone on the phone said something wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm 

On Friday, Aug 5, "Jeff" said he work work my case, gave me a case number and said he would get back to me in 2 business days. Now it is Wed morning with no call, so I have called back.
After a long hold I was told that Jeff would call me back. We will see.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 pm 

Update
Surprise they never called back.
So I called again and
"They will call me back"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 pm 

Called again
"They will call me back"