DTC p312f electric propulsion control module

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmitriy

Hello.
I need help!!!
I have a Toyota rav4 ev 2012 year after 12 volt battery discharge ,i have a message is displayed on the instrument panel "CHECK EV SYSTEM" the car does not want to drive and charge.
I replaced the battery with a new one, but it did not help. I have a cable for diagnosing Toyota MiniVCI with the Tehstream program.
I reading all fault codes through the connector under the instrument panel and found only one trouble code "P312F electric propulsion control module requested mil illumination" in the EV control module the trouble code is not deleted.
In the electric propulsion control system no trouble codes.
The firmwhare version in the EV control module is Main: 896B34201500
Sub: 896B54201300
EV Gateway Control: 1.3.101

What can be done with this problem?

Dmitriy said:
Hello.
I need help!!!
I have a Toyota rav4 ev 2012 year after 12 volt battery discharge ,i have a message is displayed on the instrument panel "CHECK EV SYSTEM" the car does not want to drive and charge.
I replaced the battery with a new one, but it did not help. I have a cable for diagnosing Toyota MiniVCI with the Tehstream program.
I reading all fault codes through the connector under the instrument panel and found only one trouble code "P312F electric propulsion control module requested mil illumination" in the EV control module the trouble code is not deleted.
Hello Dmitriy.
You can show a log file (in Techstream .TSE format) or at least a screenshot of Freeze Frame Date of this DTC
E.g.
file.php

And logs with data sream from ECUs (EV, Telematic, Transmission, e.t.c.)?
You known about RAV4 Recalls in 2015? (e.g. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM474876/RCMN-15V143-7512.pdf)

Note. This model use two DLC3: No.1 and No.2 (photo)
file.php

TonyWilliams said:
Have you checked the Tesla plug in the left rear of the vehicle?
Yes, I know about the second DLС3 tesla plug, but I can not read trouble codes through it, because I do not have a "tesla toolbox" diagnostic program , and there are no dealers in my country either
Maybe somebody have a pin data this Tesla's DLC or how connect to him?

alflash said:
Dmitriy said:
Hello.
I need help!!!
Hello Dmitriy.
You can show a log file (in Techstream .TSE format) or at least a screenshot of Freeze Frame Date of this DTC
E.g.
file.php

And logs with data sream from ECUs (EV, Telematic, Transmission, e.t.c.)?
You known about RAV4 Recalls in 2015? (e.g. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM474876/RCMN-15V143-7512.pdf)

Note. This model use two DLC3: No.1 and No.2 (photo)
file.php

No i don't have a screenshot but i remember the numbers of the calibrations and how it looked.
he locked like in the image.

Dmitriy said:
TonyWilliams said:
... Maybe somebody have a pin data this Tesla's DLC or how connect to him?
Yes
DLC3no2rav4ev.gif

You did (by Toyota Techstream) the procedure Health Check and read DTC, FFD. etc.?

IMHO. If only reprogramming were enough, the toyota would not make a recall.

alflash said:
Dmitriy said:
TonyWilliams said:
... Maybe somebody have a pin data this Tesla's DLC or how connect to him?
Yes
DLC3no2rav4ev.gif

You did (by Toyota Techstream) the procedure Health Check and read DTC, FFD. etc.?

IMHO. If only reprogramming were enough, the toyota would not make a recall.
Yes i am doing a health check procedure there are only one dtc in the EV system P312F

Dmitriy said:
... Yes i am doing a health check procedure there are only one dtc in the EV system P312F
O'k, it looks like this code is "indirect" and he says that there is a malfunction (in another system), which is the reason for necessity MIL activation.
But for read DTC, take a look to Live Data need 'Tesla Powertrain Service Diagnostics RAV4" Program, and "RAV4 EV Diagnostic Cable".
Judging by the fact that they are not in many states service shop, much less they are not in Ukraine :(
I don't known as solved this problem.
May be will useful aceess to service.teslamotors.com/purchase-subscription and/or tis.toyota.com/t3Portal/software/tis/html/diagnostics/calibration/.../setup-1.1.42-rav4-service.exe...

p.s. Please, show a FFD for DTC P312F of your RAV4 EV.

p.s.s.
Note.
epa_rules.gif

Note to DTC P312F-448. "When a malfunction occurs in the electric propulsion control system, an electric propulsion control system malfunction signal is sent to the power management control ECU from the EV gateway control ECU. When the power management control ECU receives this malfunction signal, this DTC is output".
Safety Recall F0I said:
Condition
In the involved RAV4 EV’s, components in the Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Assembly, which is part of the propulsion system, may cause the vehicle to shift to “neutral” due to a software issue. This condition will also trigger a “Check EV System” warning message on the instrument panel and turn on a malfunction indicator lamp.
If the vehicle shifts to “neutral”, this will result in a complete loss of drive power, which can increase the risk of a crash.
... Campaign Special Service Tools.
Authorized RAV4 EV selling dealers have the required EV HV Powertrain Diagnostic Cable Kit needed to perform the remedy procedure. If you are not a selling dealer or you do not have the EV HV Powertrain Diagnostic Cable Kit, please contact your region representative.
With this Recall, ELECTRONIC PROPULSION GATEWAY CALIBRATION must update to New Calibration 1.3.101,
file.php

but yours RAV4 Gateway Control Module ID is 1.3.101.
file.php

I not understand this situation. Take a look authorized vehicle modification label (under-side of the hood).

Update.
I have performed successful diagnostics, reprogramming and repair of one RAV4EV ad directly in Odessa and other in the online mode (Internet) in the city of Kharkov. See video reports at https://www.youtube.com/user/altechpage
HTH,

Back