Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:43 pm 

Late Reply, but I got my ext warranty from Troy and haven't had any issues. So I would say go for it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:55 pm 

I have not seen much info about Toyota used car platinum warranty posted. The new car platinum warranty is much cheaper but I missed my chance. I was told at my dealer yesterday that the cost of a used car platinum warranty is determined by the odometer reading. In particular there is a ~$400 increase when you are above 50K miles. The next higher tier is when you are above 70K miles. Oscar (financing manager) at Carson Toyota was very helpful. I suggest giving him a call if you are in the same boat buying your lease end RAV4 EV. He says he may be able to help even if your car was purchased from another dealer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am 

Can anyone post whether I was told correctly that an out of warranty2012 RAV4 ev (3yr 36,000mi) was only eligible for a Toyota platinum used car waranty if it bought as a certified used Toyota by dealer.
I was told be rep in service Dept at Poway that if not a certified used car it would only be a third party waranty not a Toyota one.....
I love when you hear and read ten different stories.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:04 am 

See my post here:

Al Savage wrote:
I bought the Platinum used car warranty, zero deductible, 5 year/60k miles (good 'till Sep2022/110,641 mi. for mine) for $2,525 (2,778 after tax) + used car inspection fee $120 (135 after tax) = $2,913 out the door.

I had purchased my RAV4EV from Paramount Motors in Seattle, definitely not a Toyota dealer.

2014 Rav4 EV, Shoreline Blue Pearl, #2609, first use 04Jun2014, 49k miles (Aug2017), OpenEVSE 40A. First DU replacement May2018 59k.
2018 Model 3 LR AWD, blue
1999 E300 on B100 (sold Sep2018)
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 pm 

pretty frustrated.....

I'm in so cal, and been to and called about 12 Toyota dealers, some saying they can sell a toyota used car warranty until it comes time to actually do it they back out saying some version of
it has to be sold by us or as a "certified" used car from a toyota dealer. or cant sell out of state
the suggestion was given to call Bozeman which sounded promising until the second day when i was going to buy it, they required an inspection in Bozeman. wtf?

its a 2012, 38K miles and in so cal. Any ideas???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 pm 

Doc, could you update your Profile and fill in your location? This might help responses to be more accurate or useful.

Select, "User Control Panel" at the top right of any screen, the "Profile" on the left.

2014 Rav4 EV, Shoreline Blue Pearl, #2609, first use 04Jun2014, 49k miles (Aug2017), OpenEVSE 40A. First DU replacement May2018 59k.
2018 Model 3 LR AWD, blue
1999 E300 on B100 (sold Sep2018)
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:53 pm 

Docfranco wrote:
pretty frustrated.....

I'm in so cal, and been to and called about 12 Toyota dealers, some saying they can sell a toyota used car warranty until it comes time to actually do it they back out saying some version of
it has to be sold by us or as a "certified" used car from a toyota dealer. or cant sell out of state
the suggestion was given to call Bozeman which sounded promising until the second day when i was going to buy it, they required an inspection in Bozeman. wtf?

Offer to have the car inspected at a local dealer (that you will pay) and send the results to them in Bozeman.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 pm 

TonyWilliams wrote:
Docfranco wrote:
pretty frustrated.....

Offer to have the car inspected at a local dealer (that you will pay) and send the results to them in Bozeman.

I actually did offer that. Harmony told me it had to be done in person
In Bozeman.
I do currently have a call in for Brent, but he has turned
That over to Cody who I should hear from today. Crossing fingers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 am 

We currently have 8Y/125K Platinum that will likely run out in the spring. I'd like to extend it with a Used Car Warranty and our local dealer says at our current mileage a 3/36 would be the max, but they can't do it anyway since they can only sell them when they sell a car. Anyone succeed in buying a Used Car Platinum anywhere in California on a car they already own?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:26 pm 

slorav4 wrote:
We currently have 8Y/125K Platinum that will likely run out in the spring. I'd like to extend it with a Used Car Warranty and our local dealer says at our current mileage a 3/36 would be the max, but they can't do it anyway since they can only sell them when they sell a car. Anyone succeed in buying a Used Car Platinum anywhere in California on a car they already own?

I just realized that the 7/125k Platinum runs out in one year. Time flies!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27