Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cashcow said:
Hi guys,

I received a private message from someone asking me if the prices with Mr. Troy at Greenfield Toyota are still the same (No price increase), so I went ahead and sent in an e-mail asking that. Mr. Troy got back to me and said that the prices for the extended warranties are still the same. It seems Toyota HQ has not increased them. I'm going to re-post them here for those who need them. Prices are current as of feb 24 2017:

Toyota Extra Care, Platinum coverage with $0 deductible:
4 yr / 100K - $675.00
5 yr / 125K - $915.00
6 yr / 75K - $645.00
6 yr / 100K - $895.00
6 yr / 125K - $1140.00
7 yr / 75K - $715.00
7 yr / 100K - $1025.00
7 yr / 125K - $1250.00
8 yr / 75K - $835.00
8 yr / 100K - $1145.00
8 yr / 125K - $1505.00
9 yr / 125K - $1665.00
10 yr / 125K - $1795.00.

Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty
Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Audi & Volkswagen
Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-775-6519

He has the best prices around and I got my extended warranty from him no problem. You can buy the ext warranty by using a mail forwarding system like anytime mail box and renting a mail unit @ Brooklyn, NY. The ext will be sent to the unit then forwarded to the address of your choice. Enjoy your new ext warranty!

OH! Forgot to mention this but for those of you buying the extended warranty I'd recommend applying for the Toyota Rewards Visa Credit Card as it has a reward program (Gives you points that are valued as money) and last I checked a sign up bonus.

Earning Points. You will earn Points for Net New Purchases on your Account so long as your Account is in Good Standing. You will earn:

Five (5) Points for each $1.00 of Net New Purchases made at Toyota dealerships
Two (2) Points for each $1.00 of Net New Purchases spent on gas and entertainment purchases (including restaurants, event tickets, sporting activities and more). Purchases for Gas and Entertainment are determined by merchant category codes assigned by Visa. If you have questions about whether a purchase would qualify as a Gas or Entertainment purchase, please call Visa Customer Care at (844) 271-2695 (TDD/TTY 888-819-1918) or Visa Signature Customer Care at (844) 271-2704 (TDD/TTY 888-819-1918).
One (1) Point for each $1.00 of Net New Purchases made everywhere else Visa is accepted
Spend $500 outside of Toyota dealerships within the first 90 days and receive 5,000 bonus points

For me it worked as:

$1505(Warranty Cost)/5(points)=301 Points for the warranty purchase which gives me a $3.01 discount as statement credit.
$500 on other purchase in the first 3 months you get 5,000 bonus points which, I believe, equals to $50 statement credit.

So my 8 yr / 125K $1505.00 came down to $1,452. and the CC comes with a 0% APR for 6 months. I applied for it during the purchase of the ext warranty and got approved. I suggest it for anyone who would like an extra $53 dollar discount :) if you buy the same warranty.

ggodman said:
Followed cashcow method with Troy in MA for warranty, hassle free except the notarized letter for post office.

BTW, you can get the notarized paper for free at your bank some of them provide this free notarized service and other don't. Chase/Bank of America for me did not want to do it but Pan American Bank (A small local bank in LA for me) did do it for free. So you might have to call around. Also I have herd that credit unions do it for free also. If you don't want to do the leg work then you can do it online but it will cost you about 10 or 20 dollars :). Might be a good idea to consider a credit union or small local bank if they don't charge you any extra money to open a small account. I've used the free notary service twice or three times now with my pan american bank. Saved me some money.

This is the best option in my opinion. By the way the best way to reach Troy is through e-mail. He tends to be pretty busy.

cashcow said:
This is the best option in my opinion. By the way the best way to reach Troy is through e-mail. He tends to be pretty busy.

Whats his E-mail address?

Thanks,

I can wholeheartedly recommend Troy Dietrich at Greenfield Toyota & Ford of Greenfield, MA. I just bought my third extended warranty from him. Specially, we just bought the 10yr/125K warranty for our Rav4 EV (and our Toyota Tacoma). Yes, I know that $1,795 is a lot of money, but it brings peace of mind. That comes out to be about $250 per year (years 3-10) and allows us to concentrate on enjoying our Rav4 EV. Only when we sell the car will we know if we kept it for a full 10 years, and what the required repairs were. Meanwhile, I figure one good (and expensive) repair will pay for the warranty.

Yes, you have to have a MA mailing address, but I have family there, so it wasn't an issue. Troy is very easy to work with and responded to my several emails quickly.

Christopher Castagne said:
Hi, not sure if I missed it in the 25 pages of this thread! but can someone tell me how / where I can get the best deal on a USED CAR platinum warranty?

cashcow, it's not clear to me that the chart of figures you posted applies to the VSA (for vehicles under 36 mos./36k miles) or vehicles that fall outside those ranges.

asavage said:
For my part, I'd like to know if Troy is selling the used vehicle warranty, or only the one for vehicles still covered by 36/36k.

I contacted him late july 2017.
He replied that he only sells them if they're inside the 36/36:

"Unfortunately, I can only sell the Toyota plans online on vehicles that are still within the original 3 yr / 36K factory warranty. I checked your VIN and it expired last March on your car. Sorry I can’t help on this one!"

Anyone have a lead on be best price in California? I'm not wanting to do the whole forwarding mail P.O. box thing.

Thanks!

Hello -

I am looking for some current info on purchase of an extended warranty in CA. I am based in SFO in the Bay Area. Please advise.

Also, my current mileage close to 3 year completion is 28K miles. Average annual usage is 6K-9K miles. What is your recommendation to get the extended warranty option - I am considering 8 year/75K or 10 year/100K. Please advise

Thanks,
Sid

Hi All -

I have a question regarding an extended warranty purchase. I live in SFO, CA and have called around. Cheapest I have found is with Troy (http://www.fd-warranty.com/about-us.html) in MA. I will be using an address in IL for the purpose of the warranty purchase. For local dealerships, they are selling me $400 over the best price.

I am told that it won't be an issue - anyone else has had any issues or warranty paperwork rejected because of an out of state purchase. I just want to be sure that it won't be an issue after the purchase. Please advise.

Thanks,
Sid

I didn't think Troy would accept an address that far from MA. I heard that MA, NY, CT, DE and maybe VT, NH, ME were ok. Definitely check with him before you bank on IL working.

I got mine from Gilroy Toyota for only $200 more than Troy at the time, but people said they weren't that competitive any more.

sidb55 said:
Yes, he confirmed it would work. I am wondering if I should be concerned with risk of it not working? Thoughts?
The only danger is if he sells it to you, then Toyota cancels it because he didn't do something right, you need to have time to buy another one before the deadline. That is the only risk - letting the clock run out.

Thanks @asavage and @miimura. Yes, I am wondering if not doing something right is selling on a car that is registered out of state even though I will be using a local mailing address that Troy confirms will be ok.

I am less worried of a manual mistake - confident about Troy given my exchanges so far and looks like he does a lot of these. So what do the experts here say? Thanks!

Late Reply, but I got my ext warranty from Troy and haven't had any issues. So I would say go for it!

Back