Add an Amp for my Rav

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnerGene

I am looking to add an amplifier and subwoofer to my Rav4.
I'm looking at the "Add an amp" devices and there are 2 types, the one if your Rav has the JBL system and one without.
How can I tell which one is in my car?

Also, if you used one, where did you get it and what is the model number?

I decided to install my old school Soundstream Reference 300SX and a Massive (that's the brand) single 10 inch sub in a ported box in the back for better low end definition. I'm not trying for any high SPL

Thanks

So no in the JBL then.

Thanks

Next question, where have those who have added an amp go through in the firewall to pull an 8AWG wire through?
:D

It may be worse than that. The infotainment system in the RAV4 EV is different from the gassers. The instructions you're looking at may not apply at all.

get a hi to low like the LC2i and it will give you the inputs you need plus remtoeo turn on. As far as running 8ga, that should be easy enough, you may need to drill through firewall. I havent got my Rav4ev yet, but am a car audio/alarm mecp installer through my highschool/college days, still do it on the side for fun.

Loks like I'll be going the lc2i route.

Anyone have good pics or video on how to access the rear speaker wires?

Thanks

Back