Odd Juicenet behavior

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgingHippie

I got a Juicenet 40, which does an excellent job of keeping the RAV charged up. But it's doing something kind of odd, I wonder if anyone else has seen this.

Every night, the charger runs for a couple of hours, then shuts off, then starts again after about another hour for 15 - 30 minutes more, and shuts off again. Has anybody else seen odd charging behavior like this?

I have the Juicenet set not to turn on until 10 PM (I'm on a TOU plan from the power company), and the RAV is set to charge by when I plan to leave the next morning, rather than charge immediately.

I use a JuicePlug to delay charge and measure charging energy for my RAV4 EV. I have the RAV permanently set for "Charge Immediately". The JuicePlug does let the car charge for 2 minutes before cutting it off until the scheduled time. I believe this is to make sure that the internal battery is charged enough to ensure reliable operation. It can only do that with power passing through to the car.

I had a similar problem with my juicebox. I brought the charger in to them and they updated the firmware and it has been working great ever since. It seems there is a known issue with the Rav4ev.

Back