Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Odd Juicenet behavior
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 am 

I got a Juicenet 40, which does an excellent job of keeping the RAV charged up. But it's doing something kind of odd, I wonder if anyone else has seen this.

Every night, the charger runs for a couple of hours, then shuts off, then starts again after about another hour for 15 - 30 minutes more, and shuts off again. Has anybody else seen odd charging behavior like this?

I have the Juicenet set not to turn on until 10 PM (I'm on a TOU plan from the power company), and the RAV is set to charge by when I plan to leave the next morning, rather than charge immediately.

Post subject: Re: Odd Juicenet behavior
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 am 

I would try disabling one timer, then the other and see if the behavior changes. There isn't a real reason to have both enabled.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:34 pm 

I use a JuicePlug to delay charge and measure charging energy for my RAV4 EV. I have the RAV permanently set for "Charge Immediately". The JuicePlug does let the car charge for 2 minutes before cutting it off until the scheduled time. I believe this is to make sure that the internal battery is charged enough to ensure reliable operation. It can only do that with power passing through to the car.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 am 

I had a similar problem with my juicebox. I brought the charger in to them and they updated the firmware and it has been working great ever since. It seems there is a known issue with the Rav4ev.