My lease is almost up, and there's nothing else I want!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macfly

Hey guys, what are your thoughts about buying out the RAV4 at lease end? We've only clocked up 30,000 miles, so the car has had an easy and completely trouble free life with us, and there's nothing else out there, except maybe the Kia Soul EV, that looks interesting.

So, question is, what's the downside of keeping it long term, do we know of any big issues, battery life, replacement costs etc?

Anyone else out there keeping theirs?

Platinum warranty, you can probably still get the big one. If you decide to keep it. My car with 56k miles just got a new Big battery and has had the heater replaced. Those aren't repairs you want to do on your own and they take ~2-3 weeks to complete.

I bought the platinum warranty, and bought mine off lease. I might come to regret it, but I really like the car. I'll reassess when I'm close to the end of the warranty whether I want to keep it past then.

No troubles I would probably keep it until I found something else compelling.
Actually that is what I am doing.

Did you extend your lease?

If you can swing it, the Model X is as close as it gets.

I bought mine off lease, even though I could have gotten one cheaper by 2-3K. It's being used as a beater/truck for us

we are getting the Jaguar i-pace ev. already built and working with the dealer, hope to order within the next few weeks.

starting price 70 K ours came to 75 K with some options - they can go up to 95 k i think.

will be selling or trading in the Rav4ev

2012 grey 74,000 not perfect, it has some door dings and scratches. has extended warranty 10/100 motor was replaced a while back.

only issue is the I-pace won't be ready until at least September so we won't be selling it for a while.

I have two RAV4 EVs available:

2012 - Pearl White - 96,000 miles, 7year/125k Platinum warranty, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, original owner - $15.5k

2012 - Pearl White - 39,000 miles, 7year/70k Platinum warranty, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, second owner - $18.9k

We will document every ding, scratch, etc, prior to any transaction.

Tony Williams
760-798-0342 M-F, 9am - 5pm Pacific
FOB: San Marcos, California USA

We do NOT arrange for shipping

Back