Jump Start RAV4EV 12V battery

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravisekhar

My car tried more than few times to charge using clipper creek charger All day long. and when i came after work, The car wont start. i have jumper battery.

Can i connect the Jumper battery to RAV4EV 12V battery and try it turn it on ?

Advanced thanks for the help.

Yes, the 12V battery can be jump started. Even better, put it on a proper 12V charger and get it fully charged before you attempt starting or charging the car. If you are still using the factory battery, even if it's been replaced once, this is a signal that you need a new one.

See the sticky thread about 12V battery replacement.

miimura said:
Yes, the 12V battery can be jump started. Even better, put it on a proper 12V charger and get it fully charged before you attempt starting or charging the car. If you are still using the factory battery, even if it's been replaced once, this is a signal that you need a new one.

See the sticky thread about 12V battery replacement.
Thanks miimura for the suggestion.

Her is my current situation

Here is my current battery problem.

Car is 5 Yr old
Never Changed the 12 V battery
Clipper Creek 10 AMP Charger

One Morning, The car was trying to charge but i keep hearing click sounds and retries again and again until in the Evening i am back from office.

Car 12V battery is dead as the car no longer turns on.

Jump started using another car, RAV4EV turned on Fine. As soon as i disconnected jumper cable. RAV4EV went dead.

Jump started again and let the other car ON for next 15 mins and jumper cables connected. Assuiming RAV4EV 12 V battery will get charged.

RAV4EV didn't shutdown even after removing the jumper cable.

Tried to charge the car again and it keep making clicking sounds and i disconnected the charging cable.

I turned off the RAV4EV and after 30 Mins RAV4EV doesn't even start again.

Is it 12 V battery problem or something else. Please let me know. Based on your suggestions i will have to decide to take the car to PepBoys or Toyota Dealership .

Advanced thanks for the feedback.

The clicking and charge failure symptoms are similar to how my car behaved when its onboard charger failed. I suggest taking it to a dealer with RAV4EV experience and have the problem diagnosed (check for trouble codes on the Toyota and Tesla busses).

Back