Rav4 EV for sale, POST HERE ONLY

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Rav4 EV in White

Hi,

I have a 2013 that is coming due at the end of my lease in a few weeks. Since there are no options to pick from it's the same as all the rest on here but let's go through what makes this one worth while.

Great condition, no dings on it
Approx 55k miles
Complete new battery pack installed a 33k miles
Platinum extended warranty good until 7/4/22 or 125k miles
Located in San Jose

Car went back to the dealer yesterday. Sorry to see it go, but my family has outgrown it so it's time to move on to something bigger.

Thanks

Prospective Buyers,

I'd like to share my recent experience this past week in buying a
2012-2014 RAV4 EV. After an extensive search, it got down to a
short list of three cars, two from dealers, and one from a private owner.

One of the key considerations in making the final decision
was the warranty factor, whether it was available and at what
price?

Dealer 1 quoted a third-party warranty (7 yr/70,000) of $2795.

Dealer 2 quoted a Toyota extended warranty (7 yr/70,000) of $2970.

Not content with these quotes, I decided to contact Jerry Johnson,
who is highly recommended by forum members. Jerry responded very
promptly and professionally to my request. Jerry quoted $1115 for
a 7 yr/75,000 and $1545 for an 8 yr/100,000 Toyota extended warranty.

I ruled out Dealer 1 due to uncertainties of a third-party warranty.

In the end I chose to buy from the private owner, because it was
about $6,000 cheaper than Dealer 2.

However, if I had bought from Dealer 2 or from any other dealer, for that
matter, I would most certainly not buy the warranty from the dealer.
Instead, I would buy from Jerry.

In case anyone is shopping around for a 2012-2014 RAV4 EV, I would
strongly recommend that they buy one whose basic warranty still has
not expired (3 yr/36,000). This is increasingly becoming more difficult to
find, as the last batch of model year 2014 cars start to time out on their
basic warranty.

Of the many dealers I had searched, Dealer 2 is one of the few dealers
that has a couple of cars still within the basic warranty window.
However, we're talking about only weeks and days of it expiring. So,
if you're interested in following up, you need to act ASAP.

You can leave a contact info here, and I can forward you the info. Or
you can simply contact Jerry directly, since I had given him the Vin #'s for
getting a quote.

Good luck with your search.

My 2014 Rav4 EV lease is coming to an end at end of Nov. 2017. I was just going to return it but since I know some people are really enthusiastic about this car I thought I'd ask if anyone wants to take it over from me?

Currently has 35,400 miles on it. Still can buy Toyota Extra Care, Platinum coverage from Troy Dietrich:
8 yr / 100K - $1145.00
8 yr / 125K - $1505.00
9 yr / 125K - $1665.00
10 yr / 125K - $1795.00.
Silver
All recalls are done. No other repairs needed so far.
Lease is $399 plus tax, residual for a payoff is $18,924 plus tax
Car is in North San Jose/Campbell Area
Contact me if you're interested: [email protected]

For sale in Denver, CO:

2012 RAV4 EV. 35,377 miles as of today.

Relevant extras:

- 8/75 Toyota Platinum VSA, fully transferrable, good until Feb 2021/75k miles
- both Nokian winter tires (on it) and 4 Continental all-seasons (in bags)
- 2" receiver Curt hitch, no wiring, for bike rack use
- all-season floor mats

Shoreline Blue. Several scratches on hood and doors, depicted in the gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uDo8UsBO3wf3KQMR2

Email me at [email protected] if interested. Again, this is in Denver, Colorado. I'm looking for $14k--Edmunds says $14.7k and that's without the extended warranty, hitch, or the 2 sets of tires.

Update: Sold.

shikataganai said:
For sale in Denver, CO:

2012 RAV4 EV. 35,377 miles as of today.

Relevant extras:

- 8/75 Toyota Platinum VSA, fully transferrable, good until Feb 2021/75k miles
- both Nokian winter tires (on it) and 4 Continental all-seasons (in bags)
- 2" receiver Curt hitch, no wiring, for bike rack use
- all-season floor mats

Shoreline Blue. Several scratches on hood and doors, depicted in the gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uDo8UsBO3wf3KQMR2

Email me at [email protected] if interested. Again, this is in Denver, Colorado. I'm looking for $14k--Edmunds says $14.7k and that's without the extended warranty, hitch, or the 2 sets of tires.

I might be interested. Mileage is low for a 2012. How has the battery been maintained? If it was left, parked, fully charged for an extended period of time the battery could be degraded quicker. Have you done the Tony Test? If not, can you and let me know?

Hi guys, I have my clean title 2014 rav4 ev for sale with 31000 miles.
Toyota Platium bumper to bumper warranty $0 deductible. Also including Clipper Creek 240V charger. Full charge in 7 hours.
Asking $22000, in Santa Clara /Gilroy, California.
Please email me if interested.
[email protected]

I have two RAV4 EVs available:

2012 - Pearl White - 96,000 miles, 7year/125k Platinum warranty, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, original owner - $15.5k

2012 - Pearl White - 39,000 miles, 7year/70k Platinum warranty, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, second owner - $18.9k

We will document every ding, scratch, etc, prior to any transaction.

Tony Williams
760-798-0342 M-F, 9am - 5pm Pacific
FOB: San Marcos, California USA

We do NOT arrange for shipping

Updated:
For Sale: Blizzard white 2013 Toyota RAV4 all-electric vehicle. Approximately 36,600 miles, 8year/100k Platinum warranty from Toyota. Aftermarket "JdeMO" high speed charger has been installed ($3,000 upgrade) which enables hundreds of miles of ALL ELECTRIC driving in a single day (been to the Bay Area many times). This upgrade is a game changer. Learn more about JdeMO here: https://shop.quickchargepower.com/JdeMO-for-2012-2014-Toyota-RAV4-EV-JdeMORav4.htm

Car has had a single owner -- me -- I'm a non-smoker.
115 highway miles per charge.
All maintenance and updates have been done by the dealer. 18 months ago I replaced the stock tires with Michelin Defenders from Costco.
White HOV lane stickers, which transfer with the car. Life changer for LA commuters.

This vehicle is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Only 2600 were made, and sold only in California, through a joint venture between Toyota and Tesla Motors. The electric drive train is supplied and warrantied by Tesla. It is the same technology as Tesla's Model S. With the Tesla drive train, the torque in this vehicle is startling. It makes driving it so much fun. There are two modes -- normal and sport. Switch the car into sport mode and the acceleration and maximum speed are increased to such a point that you know that you're really driving a Tesla. And nobody knows it because it's inside of a RAV4 body!

Speaking of the RAV4, apart from the Tesla Model X, this remains the only crossover-sized all electric vehicle that's available in California. So if you want to drive electric and also like to move lots of kids, groceries, bikes, and stuff, and you don't want to spend $100K on a Model X, this RAV4 EV is your only choice.

I'm basing the asking price on the online estimate for this specific car --- plug in VIN 2T3YL4DV8DW002071 at vehiclehistory.com and you'll see what I mean: Trade-In : $16,265, Private Sale : $17,881, Dealers Retail : $19,372, and those prices don't include the value of $4,500 in after market upgrades: the Jdemo ($3,000), the Toyota Platinum warranty ($1,500), the HOV stickers etc.

Final thoughts:
- if you have solar at home, you will be driving around on photons created on surface of the sun, captured on your roof, and delivered into your car. That's technological magic. How is that not magic?
- I haven't been to a gas station in almost 5 years. I charge at home overnight. It's hard to convey this, but there is so much freedom and time saved by not having to stop for gas!
- again, if you have home solar, you can save thousands of dollars per year by no longer buying gasoline. Since buying home solar an this EV 5 years ago, I estimate that I've saved $2400 - $3600 per year. Five years of those savings and my home solar is fully paid off -- and it should last another 20 years, powering my home and all of my miles. This is an incredible economic value proposition.

Asking $20K but will hear any offer

Looks like I will be selling my RAV4 EV soon (~next month). Please PM me if interested.

2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline Blue
Just over 60k miles
8 year 100,000 mile extended warranty (in service date March 2013)
JDEMO installed
Hitch installed
Some minor scratches
Front bumper and radiator replaced due to accident in stop and go traffic

Asking $15,500
Would prefer local transaction in SoCal.

Edit: SOLD

I’m thinking about selling my Silver 2012 Rav4 EV. It’s bone stock and never had any problems whatsoever.

It only has 28000 miles, as I’ve never needed to drive much. It’s been garage kept its whole life and there’s nary a scratch on it. New tires last year, nonsmoker, nonpet, nonkid, etc. it’s incredibly clean.

I believe it still has a Toyota extended warranty through December, but I’ll have to double check which warranty term I selected and will report back if anyone is interested.

Clean title, original owner, nonsmoker.

I’m honestly not sure what is an appropriate price. It seems likely that places like carmax won’t even know what the car is, let alone make a fair offer. So I’m hoping for some advice... has anyone purchased one recently? Also, I’m open to offers.

Updates:

Toyota extended warranty runs till December 2020, or 75,000 miles.

Accepted an offer, but deal not yet complete.

Update: my rav4 is sold and on its way to Utah! I hope she serves the new owner well! Take care, everyone.

Jscifres said:
I’m thinking about selling my Silver 2012 Rav4 EV. It’s bone stock and never had any problems whatsoever.

It only has 28000 miles, as I’ve never needed to drive much. It’s been garage kept its whole life and there’s nary a scratch on it. New tires last year, nonsmoker, nonpet, nonkid, etc. it’s incredibly clean.

I believe it still has a Toyota extended warranty through December, but I’ll have to double check which warranty term I selected and will report back if anyone is interested.

Clean title, single owner, etc.

You need to post a price.

My girlfriend is selling her 2014 RAV4 EV (shoreline blue pearl, 41,100 miles) which has the JdeMO quick charge upgrade, a replaced drive unit and an extended warranty. Located in the San Jose, CA area. She's asking $21,500.

Here is her craigslist ad:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/2014-toyota-rav4-ev/6690422686.html

Update: It’s now sold. (For $21,500.)

Incredulocious said:
My girlfriend is selling her 2014 RAV4 EV (shoreline blue pearl, 41,100 miles) which has the JdeMO quick charge upgrade, a replaced drive unit and an extended warranty. Located in the San Jose, CA area. She's asking $21,500.

So when it says "extended warranty" does that mean Toyota Platinum Warranty?

Hoosier said:
Incredulocious said:

So when it says "extended warranty" does that mean Toyota Platinum Warranty?
Yes it is Toyota Platinum Warranty. I’ll suggest that she update her ad.

Update: It’s now sold. (For $21,500.)

Ok my turn as I will be moving on to another EV soon.

2014, Blue, 64,595 miles (today), good original condition not perfect. No smoking or pets.
No extended warranty or quick charge option. OEM cord was upgraded to L2.
Heater does not seem to work... need to use seat heaters. Everything else is good.

Gateway computer replaced 06-08-2016 at 33,406 miles.
Drive unit replaced about the same time.

First $15,800 takes it.

[email protected]

Back