Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:32 pm 

swogee wrote:
The first CEC funded L3 charger to be installed by Recargo is now showing up at the Prunedale Shopping Center west of 101 off San Miguel Canyon Rd in Prunedale. See the link below.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/163319

It's not operational yet so they are a little behind schedule since they were shooting for June 2018. I am curious how much the cost per kWh will be.

I'm not so sure that one is CEC funded. The nearest Recargo site in CEC documents was recently moved to N. Davis Road Salinas from Gonzales. Based on a post on Facebook from an insider at the Monterey Bay Air Resource District, I believe they are funding this 6-charger site. I wonder who put the "Recargo 1st Location" in the Plugshare listing. One would think that Plugshare would know about Recargo's sites since they're owned by Recargo. However, one hand might not know what the other is doing.
MB-ARD Insider wrote:
...our agency is also funding a 6 post dual port (CCS + CHAdeMO) DCFC complex at the Prunedale Shopping Center, 175kW with Tesla Power Pack energy storage. Location is on San Miguel Canyon Road, estimate done by September!

The MB-ARD insider also said that they are contributing to the cost of the battery & solar powered fast chargers that will be installed at the Camp Roberts rest areas. Envision is finishing up the design phase now. The same system will also be installed at the Shandon rest area.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 pm 

According to PlugShare entries, 4 of the 6 stalls at Prundale are working. It is apparently on the Recargo network even though I still believe that this is not a CEC funded Recargo developed site. It may be funded by MB-ARD and developed by Recargo.

The "Pay with PlugShare" price is currently shown as $0.42/kWh. That is relatively expensive. EVgo PAYG is currently $0.20/min. In 30 minutes a RAV4 EV can add ~20kWh. That's $6 on EVgo and $8.40 at this location. That's 40% more expensive. However, IMHO, anything below $10 per 30 minute session is tolerable for the occasional road trip. There are enough EVgo sites in this area that I would just use the one that is most convenient.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:44 pm 

Looks like the Mt Shasta Chargepoint is nearing completion. The pictures show it as installed, but not yet open.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/164743

That bridges a big gap on the way to Oregon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 pm 

The Mt. Shasta site is still not open, but this picture appeared in the Plugshare listing.

At first I thought there were more red dots in California than known sites, but after further review, those are all known and shown on my map of future DCFC sites.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 am 

davewill wrote:
P.P.S. to add insult, the hotel told me when I called that they had EV charging. They didn't mention that it was all Tesla. Luckily, there was CHAdeMO across the street, and the sister hotel a block away (where I had been the last time up) had regular J1772 units, and were willing to let me charge up for the trip home.

https://shop.quickchargepower.com/JDapt ... PTRSTB.htm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:28 am 

miimura wrote:
The Mt. Shasta site is still not open, but this picture appeared in the Plugshare listing.

[img]

At first I thought there were more red dots in California than known sites, but after further review, those are all known and shown on my map of future DCFC sites.

That is one kick-ass job with the map! I’ll be referencing that more often.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 pm 

TonyWilliams wrote:
That is one kick-ass job with the map! I’ll be referencing that more often.

I'm a little surprised you didn't notice it before. I've posted it many times before, particularly in this thread. It's very easy to put together once you have the addresses. The most time intensive part was figuring out the addresses of the CalTrans sites that were only referenced by name.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm 

Press release regarding the solar and battery fast charge stations to be installed at the Camp Roberts and Shandon rest areas.

Envision Solar to Deploy First Solar-Powered DC Fast Charging Stations for Central California Rest Areas

They didn't mention if it would have any grid connection at all, but I assume it will have a low power connection to trickle charge the battery between fast charge sessions at night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 pm 

miimura wrote:
Press release regarding the solar and battery fast charge stations to be installed at the Camp Roberts and Shandon rest areas.

Envision Solar to Deploy First Solar-Powered DC Fast Charging Stations for Central California Rest Areas

I love this quote from the press release:

"HP units are solar-powered and self-contained, so they don't require expensive electrical upgrades, disruptive trenching or new foundations. They are designed to fit within standard parking spaces and can be installed in less than a day"

Less than a day. Wow, I guess that means I can do a road trip this weekend. Right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:38 pm 

geo wrote:
miimura wrote:

I love this quote from the press release:

"HP units are solar-powered and self-contained, so they don't require expensive electrical upgrades, disruptive trenching or new foundations. They are designed to fit within standard parking spaces and can be installed in less than a day"

Less than a day. Wow, I guess that means I can do a road trip this weekend. Right?

Everything just sits on top of the asphalt. Simple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16