Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you just change the 12V battery?

If so, the fault may have arisen due to the battery change. Have you tried powering up with the charger fuse pulled out, switch off, put the fuse back in, and power up again? It may also need the fault codes to be cleared.

FYI P312F is not a gateway failure code; it's a generic error code from the gateway to tell the Toyota side of things to turn on the MIL (ie 'Check EV System'). By plugging into the diagnostics connector on the gateway, the tech should be able to see which of the 100+ Tesla fault codes is active and/or is shown in the history.

hokiematt said:
FYI P312F is not a gateway failure code; it's a generic error code from the gateway to tell the Toyota side of things to turn on the MIL (ie 'Check EV System'). By plugging into the diagnostics connector on the gateway, the tech should be able to see which of the 100+ Tesla fault codes is active and/or is shown in the history.

Are you a Toyota trained technician?

TonyWilliams said:
hokiematt said:

Are you a Toyota trained technician?

The DTC descriptions are available to anyone with a factory service manual.

Toyota is my employer, however any views expressed in this forum are my own.

SpicyUnagi said:
Official diagnosis as of today is that the Denso heater failed and the dc/dc converter (inverter) cabling. $7000+ in repairs. All covered by platinum warranty. Paid for itself already 4x over, and it`s only been 6 months.

Working on getting rental car now for what is estimated to take 30 days by the regional repair person to fix, due to parts ordering/backorder.

Very common failure.

$7,000 is crazy money for this stuff. I am lucky enough my heater failed without taking down the DC converter.
I wonder what a similar failure would cost on a BOLT?

SpicyUnagi said:
So, how do I go about making sure Toyota doesn't use refurbished parts? I only want new ones. Should I have someone well versed with the M-M warranty act involved whilst they do this?

Has anyone forced Toyota to buyback their Rav4 if has sat at the dealer in excess of two months?

I`m aware there`s another Rav4 EV that has been sitting at Toyota of Brookfield here in WI in excess of 6 months waiting for parts. Going to call the service manager over there to see if they ever resolved it.

I don't believe you have a right to insist they don't use refurbished parts. There are lemon laws that protect against long repair times, but you will be way past the time frames for most of them. You might sue for damages, but that would require careful legal advice specific to your state, I would think.

TonyWilliams said:
smkettner said:
$7,000 is crazy money for this stuff. I am lucky enough my heater failed without taking down the DC converter.
I wonder what a similar failure would cost on a BOLT?

We do this repair for $1500 in San Diego, California.

http://www.QuickChargePower.com
May give you a call in January.

So the heater failed and it took down the cabling with it? or did it kill the converter too? or everything? Is it over 7k? as in 8k or 9k? +++?or just 7k something?

Back