Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:04 pm 

Last edited by SpicyUnagi on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Probable Gateway ECU Failure -- Read On
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:32 pm 

SpicyUnagi wrote:
miimura wrote:
The Powertrain Warranty covers the drive unit until 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. That warranty has no limitations. The Toyota Platinum Warranty (Service Agreement) has clearly stated Limitations of Coverage. I will scan the relevant portion and attach it here later.

So if there is a limit to the coverage, I'm stuck with a brick that eventually won't be able to be driven given the breakdowns, because Toyota refuses to fix my vehicle? That makes absolutely no sense. Why even buy the platinum warranty then?

I don't know, why DID you buy it without understanding it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:05 am 

SpicyUnagi wrote:
miimura wrote:
The Powertrain Warranty covers the drive unit until 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. That warranty has no limitations. The Toyota Platinum Warranty (Service Agreement) has clearly stated Limitations of Coverage. I will scan the relevant portion and attach it here later.

So if there is a limit to the coverage, I'm stuck with a brick that eventually won't be able to be driven given the breakdowns, because Toyota refuses to fix my vehicle? That makes absolutely no sense. Why even buy the platinum warranty then?
You get a few fixes or one drive unit replacement. This keeps it running long enough to trade it in on a Tesla, I-Pace or E-Tron.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:52 am 

SpicyUnagi wrote:
miimura wrote:

You buy the warranty, because they could potentially pay $35k for repairs on a policy that you only paid $1,300 for.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)