Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:25 am 

Basically, they don't want to do it so they put a high price on it. When it's warranty and they're working both sides of the books the amount doesn't matter because their actual cost, if any, is the same regardless of the dollar amount that goes through the dealership.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:56 am 

Hans4444 wrote:
Question for all. Why are we being charged $10000.00+ for motor replacement when the Munro tear down of Tesla puts cost of that motor at $757.00 I realize it is a different motor and mass produced but really? This is especially important for those using platinum warranty because miles exceed original warranty.
I understand that Toyota replaces the entire Tesla drive unit as a single component. Not pulling it all apart to just replace the electric motor component. Actually $10,000 is lower than many have been quoted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:06 pm 

miimura wrote:
Basically, they don't want to do it so they put a high price on it. When it's warranty and they're working both sides of the books the amount doesn't matter because their actual cost, if any, is the same regardless of the dollar amount that goes through the dealership.

Except that it DOES matter when it's the extended warranty. It depletes the coverage faster.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm 

davewill wrote:
miimura wrote:

Except that it DOES matter when it's the extended warranty. It depletes the coverage faster.

100% agree. That's why I had mine replaced just before the end of the factory Powertrain Warranty - so I could preserve the extended warranty for future claims.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:11 am 

davewill wrote:
miimura wrote:

If you have basically used up most of the extended warranty... would it be ethical to sell the vehicle and represent the warranty still exits?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm 

smkettner wrote:
If you have basically used up most of the extended warranty... would it be ethical to sell the vehicle and represent the warranty still exits?

That's kind of a personal standard. I would, for one, have a problem with representing a warranty that was mostly used up as full. I would probably simply tell them it had the warranty and tell them what had been replaced under it. Unless you had actually used it all the way up, it would likely cover smaller items like the heater, even if it wouldn't cover a motor replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:14 pm 

miimura wrote:
100% agree. That's why I had mine replaced just before the end of the factory Powertrain Warranty - so I could preserve the extended warranty for future claims.

I would have done that except that the last one they did (in the upper 30K mile range as I recall) has lasted into the mid 60K miles without making any more noise. (knocking on wood)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:20 pm 

I have just never heard of an extended warranty getting fully used to the full value of a vehicle until the RAV4-EV.
Who would really suspect this is even possible? Very few read the entire contract.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 pm 

geo
Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Finally having my motor replaced after 5 months of waiting.

I had been calling every couple of weeks, but tapered off over the holidays. Went into the dealer today (Glendale) for a Check EV error and they mentioned they had the motor and that it had "been there for a while." They apparently never called me when it came in.

So... moral of the story - keep calling or they'll forget you.

[b]I have been waiting since late October as well for my motor replacement as well, went in a few weeks ago and got shoulder shrugs and a we will call you when ready.
i have been holding off on getting my Jdemo installed I bought off of another member.
Tempted just to have it installed and make them work around it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 pm 

I have been looking all over this site to see if I have the Jdemo installed will it cause a problem with my already approved motor replacement under warranty.
I see a couple of members here have waited 5 months to year for their motors to get to the dealer.
I am on month 3 and would like to start taking my RAV4EV to Vegas from San Diego with the Jdemo.
I have had my Jdemo sitting in a box for the same 3 months waiting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next