What is best 12V battery on the market currently?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panorarbor

I need to replace my 12v battery in my 2014 Rav4 EV as I believe it is the original battery and now dead, despite trying numerous attempts to revive and reinvigorate!

Panorarbor said:
I need to replace my 12v battery in my 2014 Rav4 EV as I believe it is the original battery and now dead, despite trying numerous attempts to revive and reinvigorate!
A deep cycle AGM battery will last longer than a traditional flooded maintenance free battery like the one installed by Toyota. Also, the factory size is "Group 35" but the larger "Group 24F" also fits the factory battery tray and clamping system.

A quick search shows that the following choices are available:
Autocraft Platinum AGM 24F - Advance Auto Parts $195
Duralast Platinum AGM 24F - AutoZone $195 (appears to be same as above)
EverStart Platinum AGM 24F - Walmart $147 (appears to be same as above)
Duracell Platinum AGM 24F - SamsClub $???
X2 Power Premium AGM 24F - Batteries Pus $310 less 10% off online, pick up in-store = $279
Napa Legend Premium AGM 24F - Napa Auto Parts $190
Bosch Platinum AGM 24F - PepBoys $195 less 25% off instant = $146.24
Exide Edge AGM 24F - HomeDepot $225 (same as Bosch)

The one spec that matters for the RAV4 EV is the Amp-Hours capacity. Most do not specify it.
I got the Bosch 3 years ago and it's still going strong.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much. It has been a frustrating day calling places locally and generally hitting a brick wall when describing the make, model and year of the vehicle!

I really appreciate the details!

Back