Need some insight

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semipermeable

Hello! I'm in a market for a used one. Could Toyota dealer give me the service history on a vehicle I don't (yet) own? I'm torn between a few picks. I'm worried about commonly failing parts are already dealt with or not. I'm okay either way, but wish there was a way to tell before the purchase (heaters, navigation unit aside.).. is there?

<update>
One of the vehicles is '13 - 27k mi, with red hov sticker. From the age, and the fact this is from a dealer, I won't be able to extend or transfer any non-basic warranties from the previous owner - but I was wondering if low mileage has any advantage over cars with more miles (60k+ mi?) as far as its eligibility or likelihood of qualifying for "used" VSA coverage should an inspection deemed necessary...

Thank you,

semipermeable said:
Hello! I'm in a market for a used one. Could Toyota dealer give me the service history on a vehicle I don't (yet) own? I'm torn between a few picks. I'm worried about commonly failing parts are already dealt with or not. I'm okay either way, but wish there was a way to tell before the purchase (heaters, navigation unit aside.).. is there?

<update>
One of the vehicles is '13 - 27k mi, with red hov sticker. From the age, and the fact this is from a dealer, I won't be able to extend or transfer any non-basic warranties from the previous owner - but I was wondering if low mileage has any advantage over cars with more miles (60k+ mi?) as far as its eligibility or likelihood of qualifying for "used" VSA coverage should an inspection deemed necessary...

Thank you,
If a Toyota dealer is selling the vehicle, I would negotiate the price to include a 5yr/60k mile Platinum VSA. That removes all the hassle of trying to get the extended warranty separately. There is very little reason for the vehicle to be disqualified since the dealer is selling it.

It’s sold at a Lexus dealer and I was told they can’t sell me either Toyota or Lexus brand VSA, so my search for VSA continues...

No warranty, no value. I mean you might get lucky but you should not have to pay for a car twice.

Back